Interview........

GOT THE OFFER!!! BEST NEWS OF 2013!! cool

There you go, you panicked for nothing.

Are you moving to Toronto?

Yes! smiley

That is where the bank’s headquarter is! And it is Toronto! The financial centre of Canada!

congrats! jobs are not easy to come by these days

^ I believe it was an accounting job.

Congrats, what wil you be doing there?

Spectacular! Kudos!

zxfmontreal did the same thing I plan on doing after my second interview tomorrow. Assume you failed (afterward), freak out about it and move on. If you get the offer, then it is a pleasant surprise.

oh. accounting jobs are actually plentiful. my mistake

Risk rating (as mentionned in my first thread). Something I could relate to CFA.

Business banking.

Congrats! Brand new start, assimlate yourself with those who are optimistic and career driven and stay away from the disgruntled employees. Also, contribute some ideas to the investment section every now and then if you hear some appealing investments. Well done, tip some cabernet north to south for me

Thank you! I appreciate! smiley

Nothing can keep those accountants down. They are recession proof.

What’s even funnier… every time there’s some finance scandal, the govt makes new regulations, and accountant jobs increase even more, at the expense of finance front office jobs

Congrats buddy! Welcome to the big city.

This job market is incredibly tough (I know since I was there earlier this year). Congrats!!

Sometimes I think the big accountancy boards sit around and look at their job numbers and invent standards based on how the outlook is shaping up.

It was how long after the SOX implementation stuff that we decided to adopt IFRS in Canada? Like six months. Bam all the BSD SOX consultants (and these guys mint some serious coin) instantly become IFRS consultants overnight and they’re signed up for another 4-5 year gig at half a mil a year. Working a long seven to eight hour day…

I never should have left the field.

At the same time if we ever get around to tax reform a lot of accountants are going to lose their jobs.