Is 4 months enough for level II

Nothing is impossible…it all boils down to how long you can sit on your a$$.

"my fiance understands, she’ll be studying for CPA during that time too. I’m used to the fact that studying, work and gym pretty much sum up all of my activities. " Replace CPA with FSA and fiance with gf, and I was in the same boat. As long as it hasn’t been too long since you finished your undergrad you should be more than fine. I didn’t get my books until late february and passed with breathing room (I’m guessing). Don’t forget to drink once in a while too.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Don’t forget to drink once in a while too. haha yea drinkins is what helps me study, as long as they are not combined with studying itself

Yes. I had the same question when I passed Lv I in Dec’07. I passed Lv II in Jun’08. Now I’m studying for Lv III in Jun’09.

sleepybird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes. > I had the same question when I passed Lv I in > Dec’07. > I passed Lv II in Jun’08. > Now I’m studying for Lv III in Jun’09. Same… It can be done if you stay committed and focused…best of luck

2 weeks is enough if you’re used to cramming, though, i’m not saying 2 weeks equals a guaranteed pass, but it will prepare you enough to pass.

No

If I recall correctly, the CFA Institute stated that candidates who passed level I in December 2006 had a higher pass rate on the June 2007 Level II exam than those who had passed an earlier exam. So the shortened window did not adversely affect the December candidates.

When I started to study for L2 last Feb, all of the L1 stuff was still really fresh in my head. I think this helped me get my a$$ into gear considerably faster. Having not taken a test or studied much since last May, it’s taking more effort to really get the L3 wheel moving. So in other words… I would actually say that it’s an ADVANTAGE taking L1 in December vs. last June. You just need to put the time in.

I would agree with McLeod. I passed Level I in December and Level II in June–finding it much more difficult to get back into gear now that I’ve had a few months off. It is an advantage if you put together a schedule and stick to it. I was diligent about studying during the week (put the time in) and made it a point to hit up the bars every Friday and Saturday to provide some balance in my life.