Is bitcoin a good investement?

This thread is a great contrarian indicator.

1 Like

This thread seems mainly filled with people that laugh at the technology behind bitcoin and dont understand it in the slightest. But yes a good time to sell would be when random people are like “hey whats bitcoin its up 30% in like a month I should invest in that ill be rich soon!”

1 Like

*laughs at bitcoin*

1 Like

Laughing at bitcoin or laughing at blockchain?

1 Like

Totally. Time to unload my .35btc…

STL you want??

1 Like

Wishing I had bought btc when it was $20 instead of handlebar mirrors and some other farkles for a motorcycle I don’t have anymore. Oh well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-23/now-you-can-invest-in-bitcoin-without-the-volatility-apparently

Is this the future? 1.5% plus trade costs for an actively managed fund that totally relies on deep learning? Be interesting to see how this fund moves. 60-40 btc and cash seems bad to me, I’d rather just buy .01 btc or 100k Satoshis (or however that increment is traded) and keep my cash exposure to what’s in my wallet.

1 Like

i bought ethereum after all the hype and made a pretty penny

1 Like

I’ve had 100% ROI in the past 3 months…

Damn… imagine beiong Yayyywork and buying that cheaply and selling at 900… It’s nearly 10k now.

1 Like

i sold at around 200/250 or something like that actually… had i held my life would be significantly better lol… oh well hard to complain about a 10x gain. Still would be nice to be holding though

1 Like

This is true of everything. People look at the amazing gains of certain investments, but the majority of people sell way too early. But who knows with this non cash producing asset. It could go back to zero after the EMP strike the globalists are planning. It’s their last ditch effort to win the war paid by the central banks. They will not give up their quantitative easing powers easily.

1 Like

my friend made over a million on this. anyways he gets his research from reddit. lol. his strategy is to track the emotions of people on what is clearly a bubble he knowingly participates in.

^^ yea i mean does it suck knowing i could have had >200k off this? Yea but even if i didnt sell at 200ish I might have sold at 1k, 2k etc etc. Shoulda woulda coulda i still did well, cant live life like that.

for real homes

srs? a million?..

Damn… i feel like I should be actively trading this shizzle rather that sitting on it.

^so he claims, and never stops talking about it.

to be fair he does drive a 7 series now. just got it a couple weeks ago. we taking it to vegas sometime in december. lol

I have a friend who received Bitcoin in his hacker days years before they were worth anything. He had mentioned it to me at a bar one time but forgot. I reminded him about it, but he had lost the password to the drive they were stored on. Back in 2013, the value of the encrypted coins were 60k. I can only imagine how upset he is that he lost that password

It’s around $600k. If it was in 2012 then it would be $48m…

ah shit… i’m thinking of emptying my mutual fund and sticking the whole lot on some altcoin punt…see if i can make a million too…

I bought some ethereum a few days ago. Seems like the most useful cryptocurrency to me and figured it would keep me engaged / force me to keep learning about it. I’ve never participated in a bubble before, so want to see how I emotionally handle the volatility.

Haha wow I’ve seen some return numbers and knew it would be a lot at this point. Funny enough, if he had the password he would have sold long ago