Is DCF useless?

Do you guys even like apple pie? eesh.

he has tiffany/ivana to take his anger out on

Yes, especially if it has 2 scoops of ice cream on top

^and there are no dogs around

DCF ain’t, your assumptions could be

Intrinsically valuing a potential investment (DCF being a type and no they arent analogous), is probably your best bet at predicting the future in terms of value vs relative or derivative based valuations (options pricing etc) and very well may end up resulting in luck based on the outcome, and in spite of hours, days or month building a model.

That being said, Ill second that doing a top down analysis of macro conditions, then industry analysis, and working bottom up from there is going to be optimal. Asking questions like, vs my time horizon and risk tolerances, do macro conditions support investing? then from there, is the industry growing? (If not, I don’t care how great the company is, you will more than likely lose). Then ask, what about this company’s product or service is truly unique, innovative to fend off competition (since empirically the highest risk adjusted returns from from companies with sustainable long run ROEs above industry norms) and also look at what their corporate governance is like. Higher quality governance is also very strongly and positively correlated with investment returns over time.

Not a very pointed response here from me, but the truth is, theres a multitude of of key critera to consider; with these just being some of them.

CNBC Crypto Lesson #1: Buy High - Sell Low!

LOL if pointless, then why even get a charter?

I knew I could count you on to bring up Ripple at any opportunity haha

Admittedly that meme was too good to waste. CFA is a good primer, as you get further into the career it becomes less relevant I think.