Is it possible to make a full time living writing articles for SA?

how much you rolling in Geo on a weekly basis?

I don’t publish weekly. I’ve really just got back into it for a few months after a long time away. It’s not really a substantial money maker, like I said, it’s more about practice and building up some research ideas. I earn enough for my time, but that’s about it, let’s say $50-75 an hour for the time I put in.

I don’t want everyone thinking that this is easy to do though. Most authors do not have the ratio of quality articles that I do (nearly all of my stuff has been selected for Pro… most authors don’t see their articles hit the Pro levels) and I’ve done substantial freelance financial writing and editing for some time outside of SA, so I would say I’m far above the average writer there in terms of pure literary quality. I’m not trying to sound like I’m bragging about my ability, I’m just saying that the average contributor is earning the $35/article + $0.01/page view and isn’t earning the big Pro rewards on every article.

I don’t recommend this for the money. It’s a good way to have the discipline of writing research that will get picked apart and hammered if you say something stupid or aren’t thorough enough, and that’s about it. I don’t work in research, my day job is primarily execution and corporate finance, so this is my way of keeping those skills sharp and to build my knowledge of valuation, etc.

Buffetology wants to hide behind his computer and write research all day. He’s afraid of the outside world

I wouldn’t mind this some days either, but its hard to hack out a living that way. And eventually I think you’d be so disconnected from reality that your research would be all batshit crazy.

Your quote is full of irony 1BSTM…behind that computer of yours.

Agree Geo. But as a supplement to other avenues I think it could work. Just curious you said you did other freelance writing before. Anything serious? Like full time I mean.