Is it that hard to beat the market?

I read somewhere that the octopus just picked the teams with red jerseys consistently cause it looked like blood to him, and they ended up winning after that by chance.

^ I don’t find that strategy any worse than what most amateur gamblers do when they bet on sports.

By definition, about half of all passive investors will beat the market. A little less than half of active investors will also beat the market. Whether you can consistently beat the market is another story.

I think making a return of 100 % in few years is possible with good regular investing and trading techniques

You know, I didn’t think that it was possible but then I read your detailed post, specifically outlining that one must use “good regular investing and trading techniques,” and it really changed my perception of this problem 180 degrees.

You know, that’s the key, isn’t it? Before, I was an idiot, using bad regular investing and trading techniques. Therefore, I didn’t see 100%+ returns in a “few” years (by the way, what is a “few” anyhow? Three, five…maybe seven years?). God bless, edupristine, for your ironclad observations once again.

this made me chuckle, a good response to another bizarre post

As opposed to?

Probably easier to make 100% in a few years with some luck.

Though, admittedly, if you invested on March 9th 2009, you would have made more than 100% by now, 5 years later.

Another great edupristine gem:

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/frm-forum/91329336

Agreed. After reading that one it’s pretty clear that edupristine doesn’t even know the difference between the two order types.

Yet the premise is that we are supposed to consider purchasing educational material from this entity? Bah.

On a whim, I just visited EduPristine’s website. It says that Mark Mobius is an investor in this operation:

http://www.edupristine.com/ca/about

I’d have been one of the first people to sign up for L3 classes, but they don’t seem to offer L3 coursework. So sad.