is MBA even respected in investment management?

I am not here to make decision for others, i am here to give a different POV.

I hope no one is offended by it, but if i just agree with everyone and say “you do what you want to do, it’s your money, we have no place to comment”… then what’s the point of having a forum or posting anything on here??

Fair enough. I just realised my response may be a bit harsh, but I don’t think our point was getting through to you. There is no guarantee in life, and the MBA is far from one. We all know that. But it is a commitment some people make to give themselves a chance to chase the dream because they believe in themselves but need an opportunity/network to demonstrate their abilities. Maybe it’s a cultural thing, but in North America, we respect those who give everything and may or may not fail, to those who are content staring at the asses of the cows in front of them.

I’m not sure we respect people who give it their all and then fail, although we probably despise them less than those who fail without trying. I think we just detest people who fail at things out of some prehistoric sense that bad outcomes - whether skill or luck - is contagious. Prehistoric diseases probably seemed that way and we learned to stay away from those who had them, and then we generalized it to every other kind of bad outcome once we started attributing this stuff to divine curses.

Yes, my meaning is:

Try and succeed > Try and fail > thumbs in ass

I think it’s great that people try their best, i am very supportive of that.

but there is a difference between taking calculated risk and just having a wishful thinking.

That’s for the person to consider, both pros and cons of the decision.