Is Weed Good?

If already predesposed, weed can bring out schizophrenia.

Just in case there’s anyone that takes this literally, that’s not how it’s done. You don’t just throw buds into the mixing bowl and whip up some brownies. You actually make butter infused with weed (basically you throw your weed into a pan with a stick of butter), let it melt and simmer on low heat for a bit (don’t burn it), then use the butter as you would with any other receipe that requires butter. Oh, don’t forget to strain the butter to remove the now worthless buds. And, BAM! Now you can turn practically anything into THC laced food.

I haven’t actually ever tried it myself. I think I saw Alton Brown do an episode on it on Good Eats.

yeah exactly. you just have to heat to activate the THC. smoking is high temp, but things like vaping can activate the THC at a lower temperature without burning it.

It’s called decarboxylating which turns THCA into THC.

cool

dark

spoken from experience ?

I didn’t know the butter part. I guess some of those flavor compounds are fat soluble rather than water soluble. Maybe you can soak it in olive oil and turn it into pesto?

you don’t soak in olive oil, you heat in a saucepan

but, yeah you can infuse it with olive oil you can basically infuse it with nearly anything, even liquor (green dragon), given that you activate the THC first

Why do people on AF know so much about chemistry…

CFA people are not nerdy. It is proven here that they know a lot on a varity of topics. CPA accountants are more nerdy I guess…

We are not nerds, we are a cave of chest-thumping alpha males here!

it took me a ridiculous amount of time smoking to get high. I smoked probably 11-15 times without being affected, it got to the point where I felt bad taking rips of peoples goods.

there’s a legalization vote in my state this november.

presuming you live in a state where it’s legal, HR can choose not to hire you, but can they fire you from random drug testings?

^ Yes. Drug tests are still viable despite if the drug is legal where you live.

Having just been in Denver talking with a very large asset manager, the industry standard in CO is to only drug test the once when you’re hired. No further drug tests are given. And, yes, they will not hire you if you test positive for pot.

In my experience, this seems to be an industry standard. But I’m sure 20 of you will jump on me saying you get randomly drug tested all the time.

there is a solution http://www.passyourtest.com/sameday.html

When I was a freshman at military college, I was sitting at breakfast and my first sergeant at the head of the table sat down abrubtly and yelled “who has condoms”, “I need a condom right now”. All of us freshmen looked at each other and were thinking wtf … He was like - no - someone needs to piss in a condom right now. Someone clean. He said “I have a marine drug test this afternoon”. I was clean that day, but I’m not pissing in a freaking condom. His major problem was that the test was later that day and he had a 4 year marine contract. The marines were paying for all school costs contingent on him passing the drug tests. So if he failed, he would not only lose his marine commission, but he would owe the government 3 years of tuition (~$90K) as a junior. He was freaking out. He didn’t have that drink posted above on hand and was running out of time. This is the same dude that shot a racoon with his 9mm and threw it on my floor one night at a joke (pool of blood on my floor), and made me floss the racoon’s teeth. So he’s crazy. Probably crazier than I am which is saying something. He had about an hour left to the test and started looking around his room for a solution. He grabbed his swiss army knife and took a chunk of flesh out of his forearm. An ambulance was called for him and he was waived from the drug test. I have know idea what he said to the marine CO, but was definitely all fabricated. Then, he honorably served 6 years as a marine officer. Once a marine always a marine right. lol. I’m friends with him now, but … yeah.

And people continue to ask me, “Why didn’t you like the Marine Corps?”

So why do you need to heat it in fat? Does it not get activated without?

No one said you ‘need’ to heat it in fat. If you just want it pure, smoke a blunt, smoke a bowl, or vape. For those who are health conscious, vaping or edibles are the healthiest. But, there is nothing like smoking a fat blunt.