Israel

lord_ek0 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Out of all the confustion and bloodshed that has > occured over there coupled with the fact that > Israel’s neighbors pose an existential threat to > Israel I believe that if Israel decided to put > down their weapons they would be eradicated. If > the Palestinians put down their weapons, then Gaza > and the West Bank would be on the on the fast > track to share in the same prosperity and freedom > as Israel. Without security, the feasibility of > Arabs in Gaza and the West Bank sharing in the > same civil liberties as Israeli Arabs can be > nothing more than a pipe dream. Actually, it’s the other way around. Israel presents an existential threat to the entire Middle-East with their stock pile of nukes. Israel is one of few countries left refusing to sign the Nuclear NPT, and yet they deny the right to any other country in the region to obtain the same technology. Long term, Israel will disappear or dissolve exactly like the USSR or the South African white regime. Maybe not in my lifetime, but you never know.

Mo, Israel will never dissolve, not your life time, not in never… can’t say the same about Iran, the might get nuked very very soon :slight_smile:

Why would you be happy to see a country nuked? Millions of innocent people would die and your reaction is to type a happy face? Harboring genocidal thoughts is not a positive state of mind. You might want to examine some of your opinions.

Carson, i am sorry, i never wanted the ‘country’ to get nuked, but tactical strikes on nuclear reactors might be in order. Obviously i don’t want the repeat of Hiroshima

Carson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why would you be happy to see a country nuked? > Millions of innocent people would die and your > reaction is to type a happy face? > > Harboring genocidal thoughts is not a positive > state of mind. You might want to examine some of > your opinions. Not long ago this clown used to describe himself as a VP, so you may just take this as another wishful thinking. Or may be someone who does not comprehend the dynamics of world peace.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Carson Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Why would you be happy to see a country nuked? > > Millions of innocent people would die and your > > reaction is to type a happy face? > > > > Harboring genocidal thoughts is not a positive > > state of mind. You might want to examine some > of > > your opinions. > > > Not long ago this clown used to describe himself > as a VP, so you may just take this as another > wishful thinking. Or may be someone who does not > comprehend the dynamics of world peace. Joe, please read my response to Carson. Thanks

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mo, Israel will never dissolve, not your life > time, not in never… can’t say the same about > Iran, the might get nuked very very soon :slight_smile: Did you know that the US Supreme Court ruled that Slaves in this country are not “citizens” and that they had the same rights as any “useful animal” say dogs, horses, and others ? Did you know that Congress made it a Federal crime to harbor an escaped slave ? Did you know that the current US president is Black ? Conclusion: Never say never. Israel is a freak experiment and sooner or later the Zionists will manage to blow it up themselves. The trash can of history is full of experiments like that see USSR, South Africa, …

I don’t think there will ever be peace in the middle east. Something big/bad will eventually happen, its just a matter of time.

@ pack i wholeheartedly agree game theory tells us that as the amount off players increase (ie those with nuclear weapons i mean power plants) the likelihood of someone with itchy finger george bushing the button is increased …hopefully i willl be on a beach somewhere chilling licking six @ dominoes with a guiness and some homegrown herbal remedy… its all going to madness i tell you…

I never really understood why Zionism and the creation of a Jewish state via partition of Palestine was done and has been condoned (in the US at least) for so long. I think many of the surrounding countries have legitimate reasons to dislike the existence of Israel (how would you like it a group of nations decided to come in and partition part of your country to a religious group?). That said, many people of these neighboring countries hate Israel for more than just losing land… There are so many Americans that blindly support Israel but don’t understand or can’t articulate why. The whole relationship is a frustrating situation considering all the financial and diplomatic capital we have spent on Israel and conflicts its led to. (before some idiot calls me an anti-semite, I don’t have any ill will towards the jewish religion - I’m just not a fan of collaborative nation building, especially if the resulting nation is a religious one).

this is an i interestin topic i wish to retrn to after june 5th

The Zionist movement was initiated by Theodore Hertzl in the 19th century and was the result of frustration over millenia of anti-semitism. There were times that Jews had it better than others. When the movement began in the 19th century a steady flow of Jewish immigrants began entering the area that is today Israel where there was already a small core of Jewish people and a few Arabs. This land was part of the Ottoman Empire then. The Zionist movement thought this location to be ideal; “a land without people for a people without land.” Every acre of land was purchased consentually from Arabs with no external interference. This movement accelerated at the end of WWI and the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Britain and France collaborated to partition the Middle East under the Mandates, with the exception of present day Turkey. In British and French attempts to find local governors the al-Husayni clan emerged as the Arab power broker in the Palestine Mandate. They didn’t like the Jews moving in and retaliated against Jews and Arabs who sold them land. Unfortunately for the Palestinian Arabs this group of blood thirsty thugs was there only means of local representation in government. As a result the incentives to conduct commerce with Jews was destroyed and battle lines were by then clearly drawn on religious/ethnic grounds. To complicate things WWII and the Holocaust accelerated the migration of Jews into the Palestine Mandate and increased tension. At the conclustion of WWII through international consensus it was established that there would be a Jewish and an Arab state in Palestine. Then the Cold War emerged and because of the strategic significance of the Middle East the U.S. and Russia sought allies and proxies in this region, leading to our alliance with Israel. Since Israel had and has so many bitter enemies over there the U.S. hit a point of no return in support for Israel and became inseperable from Israel. As a result of this inseperability even if we cut Israel loose, in the eyes of many Arabs too many injustices have already been inflicted upon them to relent. They would simply be emoldened to continue to avenge these alleged injustices. As a result of the Cold War the toothpasted was out of the tube a long time ago.

The US support for Israel really comes down to money. The pro-Israel lobby in the US is very well funded, very well organized, and very passionate. The primary job of elected officials in Washington is to get re-elected, and that is very difficult to do if you make an enemy of the pro-Israel lobby. It hasn’t hurt either that Israel has been more than happy to do some of our dirty work over the years. Anyone who thinks the US actually stopped assassinating people in 1976 needs to study up on outsourcing.

There are youtube videos of the activists hitting the soldiers with poles, and one stabbing a soldier. Either way, Israel has a right to blockade its waters and it’s going to continue doing that as long as it needs. I’m sorry for the deaths as any death is a sad thing but these people knew beforehand that they were planning on stirring up trouble, and that’s what they got unfortunately.

lord_ek0 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Theodore Hertzl “If you will it, dude, it is no dream.”

What’s the opinion on White House reporter Helen Thomas’ remarks about Israel and subsequent resignation? Personally, I think as an immigrant from Lebanon and as someone who is old enough to remember Israel’s founding her views are probably going to be out of step with current politically correct views. I’m not saying she is correct, just that I understand where she is coming from. For detail: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/06/gibbs-helen-thomas-remarks-off.html

As higgmond said earlier, it is all about lobbyists, and control of media and money. Zionists control US politics, through their control of the media and strong political organizations. If Helen Thomas had said “Maybe all the Black people should go back to Africa”, no one would have said anything. But she messed with the chosen ones, so she had to pay the price with her job.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If Helen Thomas had said “Maybe all the Black > people should go back to Africa”, no one would > have said anything. But she messed with the chosen > ones, so she had to pay the price with her job. Right. Because no one said anything when Professor Gates was arrested. Brilliant.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As higgmond said earlier, it is all about > lobbyists, and control of media and money. > Zionists control US politics, through their > control of the media and strong political > organizations. > > If Helen Thomas had said “Maybe all the Black > people should go back to Africa”, no one would > have said anything. But she messed with the chosen > ones, so she had to pay the price with her job. Sensing a little sarcasm here. Although I didn’t say, nor did I mean to imply, that the pro-Israel lobby completely control US politics, I’m not familiar with any national politicians who hold an anti-Israel stance. Money to Israel has flowed, and continues to flow, regardless of which party controls the White House or Congress.

Jimmy Carter has been the only politician to publicly criticize Israel throughout the years.