Japan just voted to legalize gambling

Regional growth, yes. But many a case has been made that on the net (national level) you’re siphoning off growth by funneling money into non-GDP building consumption.

Not true at all. The rates of gambling addiction cited above are massively higher both in Asian countries and among Asians living in the US than any other racial category. I’ve never met anybody who rolled with asian partiers (includingi the asians themselves) that argued differently.

What about AC? Oh wait, never mind.

Oh I agree, it’s just a black hole for foreign money, with no residuals going towards actual GDP growing projects. But with CCP clamping down on government luxury spending their numbers have dropped sharply.

I haven’t seen the studies on addiction. If that’s true then it confirms something everyone already knows. Its definitely something that’s been engrained in the culture over the last couple centuries.

sorry, The Hoff.

that’s better.

Took a greyhound from Philly to AC one time back in 2009-2010 or so and me and my buddy were the only non-asians on the bus, was not expecting that. That said it was $20 round trip, and they gave you a $20 credit to gamble on electronic machines which I thought was cool. Put it all on black on video roulette and lost but still would have been cool to win and get paid to take the bus to AC

I’m surprised you weren’t the only ones under 80. My grandmother used to take a bus trip that was $25, but you got $25 in chips (machines were electronic back then) and a free lunch. She’d eat the free lunch, cash in the chips and then sit on the boardwalk the rest of the day people watching.

I was indeed about 30-50 years younger than everyone as well. Didnt have any lunch that I knew of. If AC was fun still I would totally take a bus down from ny but with the shape its in there isnt really a point to it sadly. Would like to see AC come back, was a really fun place at one time

My grandmother was born in the early 1900’s, so she lived through the Great Depression and really knew how to find the best deal.