Job becoming toxic

I’m addicted to you, don’t you know that you’re toxic? Dun nuh nuh nuuuh…

^britney spears reference. haha nice

Yeah, that was what I call “peak Britney”, when she was still hot but had achieved the optimal balance of sluttiness. It is slippery slope, and clearly went downhill from there…

The food delivery stuff is for people working late on “work” stuff, not meant to be abused for a free dinner.

Lock this profit for sure jabroni up!

I usually have sound rationale but I clearly have inappropriately used this benefit according to the feedback I am getting. Here is how I am looking at it:

My normal work hours are 9:45-6:15. I worked until 8 PM on this occasion and was viewing it in terms of what would it matter if I left work at 8 PM, picked up food at 8:23 PM and went home to eat it. I still did not eat dinner at a “normal” time per company policy so I am trying to see the difference between that and say leaving the office at 6:45 to drive 10 mins to pick up food, drive 10 mins back, eat it at my desk while working and then clock out at 8 PM.

If the difference is one of implied “guidelines” under this policy then fair enough, I guess I just missed it.

my god, really?!?! lol when do I stand trial for this? my whopping 9.62 dollar burrito receipt I submitted for expense.

just order food at 7pm delivery next time

Lol! This brings me back to the days of how many of my coworkers would game the food system.

• One hack is to put in for a late delivery (say 9pm), but then call them up and say you made a mistake and deliver as soon as possible. HR sees a late delivery and assumes so. You on the other hand get your tasty $9 burrito at 6pm! Suckazzzz

• Another is try leaving from the handicap exit, but claim you forgot your badge. That way you don’t have to scan in / out. The door guy just presses the button to let you out and then back in. To be used sparingly though.

• Lastly, just get your buddy to scan out and back in to give you your food.

Normally I wouldn’t promote such behavior, but banking can be such a soul sucking place and they often work you to death while trying to rob you of your bonus at YE. Gotta make it up somehow.

LMAO this is great! But bonus? what’s that? haha good call man. My firm’s President/Founder/CEO sold her house a couple years ago to an All-Star MLB player so how bad should I reallllllly feel? 9 dollars is probably the equivalent of 9 cents to her.

^Lets be honest, you are probably worth less than 9 cents to her.

Stop acting and feeling poor and go out and get what’s yours.

Probably, had a phone interview today and it actually went well. So we will see.

Most jobs that i’ve worked where OT is regular, i dont believe i ever got free meals. OCCASIONALLY there will be some free meals that either the company or the senior management pay for the staff, but that’s not a policy.

Only when you work after midnight and you miss your train, the company will compensate you for the taxi fare for us…

NANA

boss get a dollar, i get a dime, thats why i poop in company time. :slight_smile:

^Troof.

#Clawbacks

Yeah, I think hourly pay with free meal is pretty generous already. You’re paid more to stay late, unlike most finance workers.