Job interview on Friday

I’m in london… but was in NYC the other weekend and visited some people at 200 West. That sky lobby is super.

And I work across the street at Whole Foods in the beca

Yeah NYC chicks pick up on that stuff. If you work for a big brand in NYC you can basically just hand out your business card with zero effort.

Hey… for those that are interested… Interview went ok… if i get through this round then the next one will likely be with 15 other people…long!!!

They asked me a few deriv questions which I should have had 100%, but got a bit flustered when under major pressure. I know for a fact I would have got this 100% if i was at my desk in the zone:

1. You buy soverign CDS from big EM bank. How do you mitigate the risk on this? (i should have got this answer, it came to me as i left)
  2. Doing a big repo tade c500m, the client (based in G10 country) pledges pool of collateral. What do you look for in the pool? How do you ensure the pool is good for the trade and how do you mitigate the risk? (i got this one)
  3. Doing a long dated CCS with counterparty, How do you mitigage the risk on the CCS? Especially on far end?

Good stuff. For the next round you should come prepared. I recommend an exhibit where you show them how to perfectly trim a bonsai tree using tiny little pruning shears. Attention to detail is everything.

I brought something to a GS IB interview as a sort of prop/presentation and completely blew it a few years ago. lolol