Job offer contemplation

^ go for it, YOLO. If you don’t start taking chances, you’ll never get ahead.

Besides, even if it doesn’t work out at least you will have some FO experience that you can use to land another FO role, or always go back to the MO.

yeah… that’s what i’m thinking.

I’m going to chat to MD next week to discuss package… gonna be prepared for that one

niche lending you say? as in lending or underwriter analyst?

as in lending to private firms and checking their collateral and financials, etc?

OP, your monthly expenses total 1,000 pounds per month that includes mortgages, bills, and travel?? your mortgage must be around 140k or less…anywho…take the job

nah bro, I’m levered up. P

My 50% share of resi mortgage and bills 1k, my wife also sticks 1k in.

Got a meeting with MD tomorrow to discuss offer and comp. will let ya’ll know how it goes.

How does levered up make it better, more leverage = higher payments. At any rate that is peanuts. Even a 30Y mortgage at an artificially low rate (well below UK market) of 2% and 25% down (75% LTV is standard over there) still puts you at $2,200 USD on $800,000 USD home. I know enough about UK real estate to know that’s unreasonable on all levels.

When I said levered, I meant I have high mortgage and higher repayments. It’s not better or worse… I don’t really care. But the point is, it’s peanuts.

Good job with the his and her budgets. This way, waifu will not question the $500 bar bills and grinding.

Good luck lil cubbie

mate, why are you even giving this a second thought? It sounds like you’ve been in your current role too long and you’re in a rut. This is the type of scenario where you’d be a few months in and wondering why you ever doubted yourself. The client schmoozing thing is a lot easier than people think. I didn’t come naturally to me but you get used to it once you know the score.

Even if this new role does turn out to be rubbish or if you get canned you’ll still have good experience on your cv that will open doors and a much bigger salary.

£100k all-in in London is on the breadline. How did you get on the property ladder? Are you in Slough or something.

I spoke with MD and Senior-MD on the desk… they both want me. They sorting out an offer right now… i hope it’s reasonable.

Yes, i gotta take chances and i’m 90% gonna take the new role.

If both MD and Senior MD want you…the offer should be good.

Keep it up!

good luck mate, I hope the offers good and the job works out. Regret what you did not what you didn’t do.

What was the result of this Pokhim? What was the offer? Did you take it?

Brexit happened - they gave the job to one of the other guys who used ti be a prop trader The MD that wanted to hire me was overuled by one of the big big boys.

No big deal though. There are a couple of other gigs which are could happen internally. I’m looking at something else which will be more interesting in the long term and has PE exit opp.

I got a 1hr modeling test tomorrow to see if i can cut the mustard.

Too bad it did not work out. I hope those losers will just go out of business in 1 year.

Good luck! Let us know

Good luck! Let us know