Job Oppurtunities

dushyant14 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thiru, I take your “IIM-B” claim with a pinch of > salt. If you’re smart enough to be from IIMB then > you will be able to spell - “experiance”. > “oppurtunities”???. And, most IIM people I know > tend to land offers from banks/buy side > institutions BEFORE THEY EVEN GRADUATE. > > Let me be honest with you - the main problem with > doing IT/Software is sterotyping, and that can > work massively against you when looking for a job, > especially after 6+ years of experience. > > Sachin123, I work in finance in Singapore. While > Indian firms are hiring aggresively etc etc etc > you still won’t make anything near what you can > make working in the US, like yourself. Even though > sophistication is on its way in, India is nowhere > near developed markets when you compare the sheer > size of transactions. For instance, the minimum > net worth for Private Banking is generally 1 crore > = Rs. 10,000,000 = approx USD 250k which is what > rich people in the USA/Europe spend over the > weekend. This filters down to lower commissions, > lower bonuses and lower pay (comparatively). Hi Dushyant, I totally agree with you but First I said 3-5 years from now and I can put my bets upon emergin markets’ financial markets 3-5 yrs from now. There will significant changes. And I thought Thiru will take that much time to complete his CFA and gain some finance experience. Second, with no hard feelings, I think we were discussing the prospects of MBA + CFA in India. I threw the example of reverse brain drain to justify emerging opportunities in India. I don’t think we were comparing US with India in terms of earning potential. That would be a detailed discussion which we can discuss separately. Dushyant…I am not making those big bucks :slight_smile: :wink: because as I mentioned earlier, I am not exactly in capital markets but attached to them as a service provider

abhisheksg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thiru > hav u done full time MBA… > its strange after MBA frm IIMb u joined infy Whts so strange in this? I have nothing to do with Infy but what makes you think that MBAs from IIM B or A would not join Infy. Whats wrong in that?..God help Indian media for creating so many mis-conceptions in all our minds…

sachin123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thiru…I am based in New York (not exactly in > Capital markets but very closely related to it) > and i can see most of the financial products and > complexities of west are going to be present in > India in next 3-5 years. It is already happening > and then there is going to be a lot of demand of > finance professionals in India because there are > very few people there who have knowledge of these > complex financial products. I can already see > companies posting jobs and inviting Indians who > are in financial sectors here back to India wtih > attractive offers. So with the advent of newer > products and services in India that I am almost > sure of, your CFA will pay you off very well. Lots > of Hedge funds and private equity funds are > flourishing in India. Thats my 2 penny bits. > > Having said this, i think in any case IIM B should > help you to change your sector if you try hard and > compromise on the level you enter into that > industry. God I hope you are right. I want to go back, I am so bored here. Plus everything in the US capital markets has already been done…no novelty anymore…