Job Prospects after CFA Level I

The next couple of years are going to be tough on all of us due to the failed policies of the last eight years (not sure what this means but a lot of people say this over and over and over and over again). It will be particularly hard for those with little or no relevant experience as there is no lack of supply for experienced and credentialed professionals. Learning is always beneficial and progress towards earning the charter won’t hurt you but I would seriously consider what life will be like after you hit the career reset button. If you choose to do so. . . best of luck!

For the record, some really smart guys our there have their first degree in engineering (Robert Merton for example) but you don’t have knowledge of financial markets. Maybe, clearing CFA I and then MSF or MFE may do the trick but CFA level I alone is a total waste of time.

Ah !! even before i begin my journey thru CFA so many challenging responses. Thanks and I believe since you guy’s are already spent so many years in fianancial world giving your thoughts based on experience, so i think the job prospects after CFA Level 1 is close to 0%. So my first goal should be towards clearing the exam in December 09 then think about the Level 2 and 3.

dude, i’d make sure to pass an ESL test before taking the CFA. the material is not that difficult if you have a thorough understanding of the english language but you’ll get fooled more than once if you’re unsure about sentence structure and verb conjugation.

CareerThruCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ah !! even before i begin my journey thru CFA so > many challenging responses. > > Thanks and I believe since you guy’s are already > spent so many years in fianancial world giving > your thoughts based on experience, so i think the > job prospects after CFA Level 1 is close to 0%. > So my first goal should be towards clearing the > exam in December 09 then think about the Level 2 > and 3. I wouldn’t say that in general the job prospects after clearing level 1 are 0%. It really depends on the person. If you have zero finance background and are looking to leverage yourself into a position in financial services by passing the level 1, this alone is not going to cut it.

Look, if you pass L1, you will no longer get questions that go “So, what do you know about finance.” People will know that you have a level that is approximately similar to an undergraduate finance degree. Under normal conditions, passing L1 should help a bit, but these are unusual times. At the same time, you said that you were interested in the knowledge provided by the CFA curriculum. I think there is a lot of value in that for yourself, especially if you have not been trained elsewhere in financial stuff. Realize that it’s a lot of work to do the CFA exams, but if you are committed for the long term (meaning long enough for the market to recover, which may be 2 or even 3 years), it’s definitely worthwhile.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guy’s > I am working in Invetsment field (Equity Research) > for last 10 years, and hold Bachelor’s of Business > (Finance). I have been thinking about changing the > career to Engineering field for last couple of > years. After long thinking and considering > different routes(MSC) I decided to take a course > in C++. > > I would like to have your genuine input regards to > job prospects after clearing a C++ course. Or Do i > need to learn engineering to land a engineering > job. I am a very serious about it and very much > commited and an active enigineer. > > Sincerely. Hey Chris, I am a Newbie.I have recently appeared in my final year exams(B.COM from AGRA UNIVERSITY) and would like to register for the CFA JUNE’10 LEVEL 1 exam.I don’t have any work experience whatsoever.I know that the registrations for the JUNE’10 exam shall immense after the JUNE’09 exam.Since u r a fellow indian,i would request u to enlighten me on the registration process and enrollment eligilbilty.I have 3 questions for u :- 1.)Does my university graduation degree(3yrs)qaulifies as a degree equivalent to U.S. bachelor’s degree? 2.)As mentioned above,i don’t have any work experiance,Can i still register for the exam? 3.)I don’t have a credit card,Can i use my cousin’s credit card for registration,but then the SHIPPING address and the BILLING address will be different,wouldn’t that be a problem? I would really appreciate if u could please answer these questions. Waiting for an reply from u. Thanx

1. It does qualify 2. You can still register 3. Not sure about that Cheers,

thanx 2*2equals 4…appreciate it.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Welcome to the program! > > First, you’ll need the tools of the trade. > > The TI BA II Plus Professional is needed for CFA > exam. You can get one from this place in Delhi: > > Karan Sports And Stationers > Shop No: 27 DDA Shopping Centre > Ber Sarai (Ber Sarai Market) > New Delhi-16 > Phone: 26526163 > > Cost INR 3,600/- with bill. **APPLAUSE**