Joey Please help! PCP Investigation

Blah di this and blah di that. By the time you reach level 3 if you cant drop your pen when they call time, you shouldn’t be a Charter holder anyway. In fact, if they let people write for an extra 5-10 seconds then it gives people like me a valid reason to complain to the CFAI. You got 10 seconds more than me. that’s not fair. Honestly I cannot believe some of these guys here. How do they even get to level 3. I am sorry for being so harsh but this is sheer stupidity.

Gouman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LargeMouthBass Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > During my Level II exam last year I was caught > off > > guard not watching the clock and I had two > > questions left blank. I was so tempted to just > > fill in the bubble and take a guess, but I knew > > that if I was caught that would be an automatic > > fail. When you go into these exams you need to > > follow the rules. I ended up passing Level II > and > > to this day I am so happy that temptation did > not > > get the better of me. I hope that you do not > get > > an automatic fail, but you must accept the > > consequences if so and move on. Good Luck. > > > I was in the same situation on the morning session > this past June. I didn’t chance it either. > Hopefully those two wrong answers won’t be the > difference between passing and failing. At L1 and L2, I made it a policy to fill in all empty ovals at 5 minutes to go. I figured that if I wanted to change one oval subsequently, I could take 2 seconds to erase and fill in (not after time called of course), but I didn’t want to be rushing through the last 10 seconds filling in ovals. It wasn’t necessary to do the oval thing on L3 this year, since I was fooled into all the wrong answers well ahead of time. :wink: And the written part is a whole different story.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Blah di this and blah di that. By the time you > reach level 3 if you cant drop your pen when they > call time, you shouldn’t be a Charter holder > anyway. In fact, if they let people write for an > extra 5-10 seconds then it gives people like me a > valid reason to complain to the CFAI. You got 10 > seconds more than me. that’s not fair. > > Honestly I cannot believe some of these guys here. > How do they even get to level 3. I am sorry for > being so harsh but this is sheer stupidity. Sure you may be right that such a thing should be learnt by Level 3. In my center, someone kept writing for at least a minute after, while the proctors were busy picking up papers. I am almost sure he got away. While it may be fair to punish such people, I am very skeptical about the consistency and fairness of PCP considering how prepared and lenient different proctors are. Most proctors will act in a reasonable way, but some proctors will overlook anything, while others will try to find someone to report simply because they read the “pens down” rule a couple hours earlier and feel obliged to submit a PCP report.

If you knowingly violate ANY rule for testtaking, I think your exam results should be voided. 5 seconds or whatever, you knowingly kept writing after you KNEW time had been called. Why did you do it? To increase your chances of passing of course. Your actions themselves testify that YOU thought at the time that your conscious decision to violate the rules could help you pass the exam. You got cought unexpectedly. Docking you just a couple points is like the police catching a bank robber and “punishing” him by making him return the money. I think deterrence is a major factor to be considered, so without having anything personal against you, I hope they void your test results. Surely it’s true that many people did worse than you and won’t get punished for it this year. But the thing that is wrong about that is NOT that you are getting punished, it’s that they are not. Surely you didn’t get a HUGE advantage by writing for just 5 or 10 seconds. But you clearly did it with the intent of increasing your chances of passing. If you allow people to get away with “small” rules violations, you lose the clear divide between what is OK and what is not, and get onto a slippery slope. And a larger punishment is critical for ensuring deterrence when the chances of getting cought in the first place are relatively low.

I just found out one thing interesting: all discussion about PCP investigation is in Level III forum. Is this a coincidence?

not a coincidence, actually the more you proceed the more you get dumber

I do feel sorry for the guy who kept writing. Yet, the rules are the rules. They have been pounded into our psyches from the start of the exam. They even tell you at the beginning of the test that when they call time, you put down your pencil. I doubt the time was 5 seconds. It was probably more like 10 seconds. Either way, the proctor says time, looks around and anyone who keeps writing is noted. Time management is a part of the test. Off the top of my head, this is what I remember. You can’t look around. You can only bring in two types of calculators. You can bring a watch, yet no other types of timing devices. You can’t bring food. You can bring sharpeners, batteries, erasers, pens and pencils. You can’t look around. Do can’t bring scratch paper. You can’t write on your test ticket. This isn’t high school where your teacher would let you get a few words in while they walked around to pick up the test. You don’t quickly fill in the oval “C” for the items that you didn’t get to. I bet I could fill in 10 ovals within a 10 second period so there is a lot you could do with 10 seconds. Seems to me that the guys that were contacted for looking around probably can prepare a better defense than the guy who kept writing after time was called. Might be better to state that you put down your pencil right away. I wouldn’t state that you put it down 5 seconds late. Be adamant that you put your pencil down in time. Hopefully, you don’t have a bunch of ovals pencilled in as “C” at the end of your scantron.

would someone lose candidacy by this? or just a matter of redoing the test the next year?

rand0m Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > would someone lose candidacy by this? Lets hope so.

rand0m Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > would someone lose candidacy by this? or just a > matter of redoing the test the next year? The latter unless you really do something stupid. One way to think about this is that if you are really pressed for time, it means your probability of passing is probably lower than the mean which is pretty low anyway. That means the penalty of voiding your exam result might have a 60% chance of not really being punishment at all. Still stings though.

there’s no way it was simply a slow reflex. 5-10 seconds shows clear intent. the magnitude of the offense is irrelevant as it is a black or white case. however, i would just deny it. just say it was more like 1 second and you couldn’t stop because you were so high on caffeine

bump any update on this?

Continuing to write after being instructed to stop for two words can only be chalked up to stupidity. Sorry. We all make dumb mistakes, just don’t make the same mistake again next year.

PCP investigations are pretty slow…

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Continuing to write after being instructed to stop > for two words can only be chalked up to stupidity. > Sorry. We all make dumb mistakes, just don’t > make the same mistake again next year. Swanny, take your meds.

lol. this is the forum i know.