jpm layoffs

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Yep. Half the company is done for. I’m not > > surprised to hear about JPMorgan. I was more > > surprised to hear about the massive layoffs at > > Freddie Mac months ago because I had always > > assumed working for Freddie or Fannie was > > basically as safe as gov’t work. Not so. > > > > It’s cool–people getting laid off are smart, > > educated fellas. We’ll be alright. Things could > be > > a lot worse. > > Sorry to hear this kkent. I was in the same spot > as you about 6 months after I graduated 3 years > ago. The key is to immediately start job-hunting > with a vengeance. sorry to hear this as well…as i have often mentioned in the past, i’ll mention it again – people in finance should ALWAYS be in the job market. having a beat on recruitment activity is going at other firms can often tell you a lot about one’s own job prospects or job security…not to mention the obvious, in that people should always be open to exploring opportunities that may be better than the ones they have right now. i’m sure you’ll land back on your feet sooner rather than later, but also don’t underestimate the amount of time it’ll take to find a job in this market. things are sure to get worse before they get better. hopefully it’ll only be a couple months or something.