June 4 exam discussion

Hello, my story so far; passed level in one go and scored 9th band twice at level 2. This year I manged to do over 1000 practise questions and put in some good effort, not nearly 300 hours but with two years of failing I had some prior knowledge. The AM exam was fair for me, had to guess one question on derivatives and one question on Fixed in Come I could not finish on time, had absolutely no time to review. The PM was much easier and I felt very confident when I walked out. Managed to review ethics in full and correct a few mistakes in complex calculations. I am not sure if this confidence is justified given that I hear some people speak about trick questions. Really hope that I nailed it this time round. No funny exam stuff going on this year J. Enjoy the weeks ahead… no CFA!!!

I’m actually watching A Few Good Men on TV right now which I’ve seen probably 100 times. Why? Because I can.

Watching game of thrones finally caught up with everyone!!! Everyone was teasing me saying OMG HODOR this HODOR that…now I know!!! FRIKKIN AMAZING! Also got to watch my Warriors play. Warriors blow out the Cavs perfect way to cap the end of the weekend.

Lol, same here. Felt like crying though when I saw that.

All these morons on facebook sharing memes and I couldn’t watch the episodes then.

I wonder why people can’t keep their mouth shut when it comes to spoilers.

I feel I did well. It was quite easier than expected.

Due to Mock results experience, I think I have significant chance.

We’ll see. Now, the most difficult part, 50 days waiting for the results.

Wow, seems like prepared yourself for almost every scenario.

Does anyone know when we will get results? Mid or late July?

One guy had written something all over his exam ticket both front and back. Proctor noticed that after he sat down, so I guess he wrote it after initial check may be out of boredom. She calls lead proctor “Mr. Cool” and he smiled and walked away. Only later they changed his exam ticket.

Now after the exam proctor starts collecting exam ticket (didn’t know they do that) and this guy made a paper duck of his ticket. Either he nailed it on exam or had no hope lol

Late July. Last year it was on the 28th, and I believe they always release on a Tuesday, so July 26th is a likely date.

lol my man. My 2 favorite things basketball and GOT. I knew the Warriors wouldnt give away game 2 at any cost. They learnt their lessson from Conf. Finals.

Well. There are two factors which had contributed to my overall

relaxed state of mind and feeling I was able to solve it.

First, brutally practicing portal vignettes and official Mocks and EOCs during studying.

These also contributed to my overall psycho-physical condition.

Second, this year I took an exam at my home town and exam place was 10 minutes

by walk from my home address so I felt pretty relaxed as I was doing an exam in

my digging room. Last year I took L1 exam in Germany and was very nervous.

Last but not the least, whenever I had started to feel tired and reached difficult question,

I remember what Magician said, as AF member I will be amongst the most prepared candidates in the hall.

Magician is like Yoda in Star Wars.

Yes he is a very nice guy and truely helpful, I guess the majority of us on this forum benefited from his explanation somewhere along the way.

They really did not want to check if you can do real lengthy calculations What did they check was: Whether you know your curriculum well Whether you really have the conceptual clarity I enjoyed the second half just because it made me to think much and made the engg inside me happy (first half should have been a cakewalk for any commerce graduate) Fingers crossed for now

^They will check correct answers. Nothing else, nothing more. Even spurious correct

answers will be pointed.

I am more or less in the same boat; although I thought PM was eaier.

Overall, I felt that Equity and FRA was a joke, hard Der in the AM. Ethics always a toin coss.

I am certain I have made some stupid mistakes, and guessed about 20 in both papers, but most of them were 50/50.

Fingers crossed.

He didn’t bring a calculator, and he didn’t ask to borrow one until the instructions were being read? Or did his calculator suddenly decide to stop working… that’s why you bring 2 calculators.

Should still be passable without a calculator since hardly any of the questions were calculation based lol

That is supremely ****** up. And if you push the issue, the proctor may improperly decide to take the exam book away from you. Yeah, they’ll get fired, but your exam is already ****** and you’re re-writing the next year, whereas the proctor loses a temporary and likely low paid job.

I was taking exam in crowded Shanghai. In my case, the PM session is way much easier than the AM one. I didn’t even have time for a review for the AM session, but feel confident with the PM by far. I basically read the notes and part of curriculum after going back and recalled the exam questions. It turned out that I have confidence with 72 Qs, not sure about 17 Qs, and pretty sure I was wrong with 6 ones, while forgetting about the rest 25 Qs.

Here’s my bold guess (scenario analysis):

Option 1: If I got my 72 REALLY correct, and failed the unsured 17Qs, but by accident nailed 12 out the 25Qs that I forgot, I might have 70%

Option 2: If I got 72 correct, and merely 20% of the rest 17+25, namely 8, correct as well, I might have 80/120 (i.e. 66.7%)

Option 3: Apart from 72 Qs, I only have 6 ones correct out of the rest unsured 17+25 Qs, my score would be 65% which is sort of dangerous

Option 4: I’m confident with over 50/60 Qs in PM session, that said, I might have to get at least 32/60 correct in the AM session to pass

I just cannot stop over thinking abt the exam and kinda frustrated. When I read the new issued Bloomberg Pursuit, there were only two words I could remember, ‘Monte Carlo’ and ‘Bermuda’ as they’re correlated to Monte Carlo Simulation and Bermuda Option…poor me! After a night filled with wild-guess and self doubt, I stayed 7 hours in the office on Sunday and paralyzed myself with work.

I will have my result during the short stay in Hong Kong and I know I can’t have an easy life in these 8 weeks. This is a sad story…but good luck with all of us! Hopefully we can have chance for the prepration of Level 3 in 50 days.

Somebody asked me for a calculator in Level 1.

Initially this person asked the proctor and then the proctor asked me.

This was before the exam started.

This is what she said " Can you give your calculator? you cannot take it back once the exam starts "

^ What a stupid question to ask in the first place ?

I am not generous enough to give it to a total stranger.