Just got back from a HF interview

Could be some kind of prop trading shop where each guy trades a few mil notional? That’s the only way I can understand the 25 new hires. Also 10% returns after fees? No one will pay 2/20 for that. No trying to be Captain Bringdown, but make sure, like a good analyst, you ask a lot of questions.

> I agree with everything you’ve stated except the > hedge funds not posting on efinancialcareers part. > That’s where the majority post. In my experience, most hedge fund analyst/PM jobs aren’t posted anywhere. Now I’ve seen a lot of MO/BO hedge fund funds posted on eFinancialcareers but not much else. When I’ve been up for a HF job I have usually heard about it from a friend/client or been contacted by a recruiter.

RAwannabeCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I agree with everything you’ve stated except > the > > hedge funds not posting on efinancialcareers > part. > > That’s where the majority post. > > In my experience, most hedge fund analyst/PM jobs > aren’t posted anywhere. Now I’ve seen a lot of > MO/BO hedge fund funds posted on eFinancialcareers > but not much else. When I’ve been up for a HF job > I have usually heard about it from a friend/client > or been contacted by a recruiter. Ahh. Okay, I agree with that. I guess I meant that most hedge fund positions (front office) are posted via a recruiter on efinancialcareers. But you’re right in the sense that most (in fact none that I can think of) directly post on the site.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback and support. I’ll be sure to keep your thoughts with me.

I would pay 2 & 20 for atleast 10% after ALL FEES are taken. On a net of fees basis that is pretty good if consistently produced. On a gross of fees basis that is shitty cause you will only net somewhere around 6%.