just starting out

I’ve been to several ballets, symphonies, chamber orchestras, etc Turkish. Are you attempting to commit a logical fallacy…ad hominem perhaps?

lol. i saw that coming a mile away.

Look Turkish and jalmy, I’m simply just trying to provide the guy (or gal, I guess) a little advice that I believe worked for me and others; I apologize for being rude. I see your points regarding the importance of developing social skills in college as apposed to becoming a library book nerd. Social skills are extremely important in any type of job, especially in client facing jobs. I wouldn’t expect any less scrutiny from a forum full of analysts/PMs/etc. It’s fun just sitting back and reading some of the arguments over minor points, insinuations, misinterpretations. I really should spend less time forum grazing and more time studying for level III…it’s just so darn fun to hang out here though.

Some of the posts here are too long to read, but my main opinion is that being academically accomplished and sociable are not mutually exclusive. As a matter of fact, there are many people in the most coveted positions that have both the social and intellectual horsepower – some of you may find that hard to imagine, but it’s true. Really. No joke. Peace out.

rich2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Advice for somebody going to college towards BA in > finance… > Where did you guys start out? degrees? entry > level positions? mistakes you made? Level of > math skills actually required in the real world of > finance? A typical day? > What is the best track for me to head down within > finance to make good money? My advice is to try at least one philosophy course. My big regret was not trying more things while in college/dismissing something because I didn’t see its immediate relevance to the work world.

“I’ve been to several ballets, symphonies, chamber orchestras, etc Turkish. Are you attempting to commit a logical fallacy…ad hominem perhaps?” Actually, I was just saying there is no problem with going to the strip club once in a while… I got excellent grades in college. I also drank my face off from time to time and was a “punk”.

good point. Only 4 yrs of college life vs. working for the rest of your life. Try and enjoy it.

bryant Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve been to several ballets, symphonies, chamber > orchestras, etc Turkish. Are you attempting to > commit a logical fallacy…ad hominem perhaps? I think you need to look up the Canadian definition of “ballet”, bryant

Young_Prof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bryant Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ve been to several ballets, symphonies, > chamber > > orchestras, etc Turkish. Are you attempting to > > commit a logical fallacy…ad hominem perhaps? > > I think you need to look up the Canadian > definition of “ballet”, bryant Wow! I was way off. For some reason I thought Turkish was from UAE.

I’m a member of the UAE network on facebook…

There is a reason why many top firms and companies hire non-business majors.

I thought it was something that turkish made up. is it really a canadian thing? on a side note: today, one of my co-workers told me that he was going to put a TV on his seah’s cad. took me a while to figure out what he was talking about… and then i got a case of the giggles. end of story.

I have no idea what you’re talking about, nola.

which part?

seah’s cad… unfortunately, i did not make-up “ballet”…but i’ve head many americans use the term.

someone had told me about there being some great “canadian ballet” in montreal, but my girlfriend was absolutely opposed to the idea of us attending. did i miss something here? o_O

sear’s card :slight_smile: silly bostonian accent. gotta love em.

i believe the someone was referring to “supersexe”…and you missed one of the greatest spots in Montreal.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > someone had told me about there being some great > “canadian ballet” in montreal, but my girlfriend > was absolutely opposed to the idea of us > attending. did i miss something here? o_O Aw sh!t, Numi. The ballets in MTL are no-holds barred. Would be reminiscent of attending a science center as a 6th-grader, a truly interactive, full blow, hands-ON experience, if you know what I mean. You DEFINITELY missed out, but probably made the right decision with your girlie in tow. Ahhhh, Montreal…about the closest you’ll get to a live sex show in Amsterdam…only with SMOKING HOT BIATCHES!@

And on that note…this thread is not going to last much longer. Well done Zimmer!