Keep buying equity?

In this market, I think you’re best off telling your friends to put money in high-yield savings accounts or CD’s. I find it very hard to make investment recommendations to friends, because they don’t always remember what you did when their investments go up but they can much more easily become resentful when they go down. In today’s market, I think earning any type of positive return is a good thing for most people. HSBC and Citibank, among others, have 6-month CD accounts that yield 4.00% APY. I think that would be just fine for the time being.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I tell people that if their time frame is long > enough, the only bets that are right are SPY/QQQQ > or MRE/12 Gauge. Since I believe that the latter > can’t be in your 401-K, that pretty much makes the > former a lock. Money advice my friend. If your 20 something looking at a 30+ year horizon, by all means by a broad market ETF, as much as you can, and just forget about it for 30 years. Chance are you’ll be glad you did.