Keep The Tips Coming!

dont u have to use weight for MV asset too? if MV asset=10, MV liability=5 DA= 6, DL=9 is it (10*6 - 5*9)/ 10?

Hey Turkish dude! I switch to another song " Kader diyemezsin, sen kendin yaptin, tirinim tirinim…" Or are you too young to know these songs? these were long before “my milkshake is better than yours” songs In between, it is the same formula k= L/A or with your formula (MV liability/MV Asset)

My tips: 1) LAGD for banks is impossible to remember. Don’t try. Just remember that you usually want a +ve number. Interest rates go up more often than down (this is stupid I know). If interest rates go up, equity value goes up if LAGD is positive, thus you want a positive LAGD. 2) Formulating capital market expectations: “Demonic hungry vampires do certified fertility methods” (wierd i know!) (Define, Historical performance, Valuation model, Data, Conditions, Formlulate, Monitor)

If LAGD is positive, doesn’t that mean that your assets have a higher duration than your liabilities? Which would decrease your equity value if rates go up? What am I missing here?

Positive Liability Adjusted Duration is good if interest rates fall, bad , very very bad if interest rates increase.

yeah you’re completely right, somehow i confused myself into writing postive instead of -ve, this was a cross copy error from my notes. Im an idiot!

CareerChange Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is my candidate status after I have been > notified that I have passed the Level III exam? > > Your status becomes “charter pending” after > passing the Level III exam; you are not a CFA > charterholder until all CFA charter requirements > have been met. So you are not a candidate and you are not charterholder - are you still bound by the Code of Ethics?

No, if you are not a candidate or a CFA charterholder than you are not bound by the Ethics

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No, if you are not a candidate or a CFA > charterholder than you are not bound by the Ethics If you are awaiting your charter ofcourse you are bound by ethics. charter pending is probably yet another status on your way to CFA

Yes you are a Candidate for a Charter :slight_smile:

Can be a candidate for being a candidate?

haha