killer exam scores

Secret sauce is your friend. Last year I scored band 10 studying exclusively on secret sauce. I didn’t pass because my ethics was weak (50-70 range), I’m positive that if I had gotten above 70 on ehtics I would have passed. So as long as you know your ethics inside out and you know the secret sauce by heart you’ll pass (or get damn near it)

Here is some honest perspective for people since you hear too much from all of the maniacs out there. Last year I only studied for a little over a month, I only took 2 Schweser exams and I think I scored high 50’s low 60’s with a touch of help on some problems. I crammed some more on the problem areas on the Friday before that which I took off from work. I ended up in band 7 of failed candidates. FWIW.

My scores for what it’s worth: CFAI 30-Q Sample: 80. Schweser 1 AM: 63 Schweser 1 PM: 70 Schweser 2 AM: 61.2 I’m guessing I have a reasonable chance of passing: not great but definitely a shot. Jay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI channel your inner AI people.

I’m with you man. Been scoring around 55% on old BSAS exams (2007/2008), mostly getting killed by FSA and Equity (although I also had an economics section with 0/6…). Just did the first Schweser exam (1 AM) and got a 63% but that was mostly due to FSA only being six questions and bumping Equity up to 70%. I was horrible in ethics though (didn’t study that yet) and that were twelve questions so it didn’t help my score. I’m going to review Equity tomorrow and possible hit some Questionbank for Derivatives, Fixed Income and Quant. I consistently score good on those areas but now I have the feeling I forgot things, mostly for Quant. So that warrants a quick review as well, it are my strong areas and I don’t want to waste easy points there since I can bump it up to 80% with a quick review.

haha… love the very end of the iverson clip when he goes “how the hell can i make my teammates better by practicin” practice?.. you talkin about practice? Channeling my inner AI and decided not to do anything CFA until June 6th

i decided to get high and play video games until june 6

Guessing skill is something not to be overlooked. If you want, don’t count your right guesses as right answers when you compute your scores, but being trained at guessing IS a hedge on exam day. Yes ?

guess we must “practice”. Whose up for a practice? Equity, FSA?

i’m always scared that on exam day, i leave an answer bubble blank, and then forget that i did that and all the answers are “1 off” -> FAIL

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m always scared that on exam day, i leave an > answer bubble blank, and then forget that i did > that and all the answers are “1 off” -> FAIL I always check the question number, answer sheet number, then fill in the bubble, then check the question number/sheet number again, and check the answer to make sure it’s what i really meant. I also circle the answer on the question itself, so time permitting, i go back and check that everything matches one more time at the end. On L1 i spent about 2 hours taking the exam, then 1 hour checking answers, rerunning all calculations, and calculating my expected score (which I think was ~76%/78% for the morning/afternoon sessions, respectively) I been using this system since college. You can’t just go into an exam and just read questions and fill in answers (unless you’re really damn smart and are going to pass by a huge margin regardless). You need to know what you’re doing up front so you don’t waste time and you don’t make dumb mistakes. Wear a watch too, and make sure you’re not blowing 20 minutes on one question. I also place various markings on the question for when I’m reviewing my answers.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI > > channel your inner AI people. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX8nswnUKU

^ Don’t you show Nephi this link.

haha Nephi