L1 & L2 Pass Rates

2009 L3 was the lowest pass rate in history. Just saying

I’m terrified…

Yeah I’m really spooked out after the super low LII results…

Ok, so I’m a little bored and decided to run the correlation between L2 results and L3 results. It’s only .634. I’m not too concerned by the low L2 pass rate this year.

KSTHANE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think this year’s L2 had a lower pass rate > because June '09 was high at 46%. I totally agree. The L1 pass rate was boosted from 35% to 46% (june 09), the CFAI suddenly allowed thousands of people to pass, when they should have failed. So for L2 in June, those thousands of people remember their L1 success and think: “ha this CFA program isn’t so hard” then got utterly destroyed at the L2 exam. So the L2 pass rate is low at 39%. 2nd lowest pass rate in the history of the L2 exam.

BobFishcake Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >New Level I candidate > demand tends to be the most elastic in response to > industry conditions,whereas candidates that have > passed the Level I exam, and havemore effort and > resources invested in the program, tend to exhibit > less demand elasticity as theymove through the > program. bingo. It’s clearly in CFAI’s interests to let any man and his dog pass LI, murder them in LII and LII and not worry as they will keep coming back. On the other hand, if you fail LI for the first time, in many many cases you just quit the program forever, thus denying CFAI a minimum $2,000 in extra revenue.