L2 advice for a newbie

Thanks for replying. What approach/material combination did you use and would suggest?

@Saurabh - I used CFAI texts along with Finquiz. They dont have videos.

I used lot of old schweser mocks, finquiz mocks and CFAI mocks. I used old mocks initially to get accustomed to this Itemset format and also Finquiz has question bank which I used.

A friend of mine had schweser, we never shared materials - we shared the learnings from tests/materials on a fortnightly basis. This helped us cross the line actually.

All the best!

duplicate post

To add to what everyone said, I think if i were to retake the exam, i would make sure i do ALL THE BLUE BOX EXAMPLES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND UNDERSTAND THEM! Most of the exam question seemed close to the blue box examples. It covers everything you need to know from a computational stand point.

It appears as though Peter Olinto has joined Élan Guides and will be participating in the Level II video series. Www.elanguides.com.

I would worry about severe burnout if I were following your study plan. I personally think reading the material twice is overkill if you’re taking good notes. Let me tell you that a lot of the Level 2 curriculum is extremely dense and tough to get through, for me the PM and Derivatives sections were extremely difficult to get through.

+1 finquiz curriculum notes. Used them with CFAI, CFAI EOC & their item sets. Nailed the exam in 1st attempt…

Sooraj - Can you share more details about FinQuiz? I have used their summaries, which were relatively good. Wonderng about buying Question Bank and Mock Exams How would you rate them? Thanks.

Their mock exams were good as well. I found them very decent. Their itemset questions are good again. But they have this irritating habit of putting in useless standalone questions to get the numbers. But if you can ignore them and concentrate on items then would definitely suggest finquiz. Their mocks as good as schweser and notes not bad at all.

Sooraj,

Can you suggest a source to purchase finquiz material from? Any store or dealer in/around Delhi?

No Saurabh, I am not aware and find no need for a dealer as well. Their notes come in pdf format, they DONT print it out for you.