L3 Pass Rate only 49% - FML!

Shit top 1%…they couldnt even think to help a man.

Another way to look at it is that when we all passed level 2 we were in the 35-40 something percent that passed…maybe you guys are in that 49%. I’m expecting the worst even though I previously felt confident. Today is probably gonna suck!

12,607 of us passed…still a huge number!

I believe we can contribute this low rate to the increasing number of level 2 and retakers.

LOL

It´s already on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Financial_Analyst

no need for the drama lol most people here passed as you can see guys … why do you always get scared

anyways, please take a minute and fill in this survery please

http://cfatutor.me/2013/08/06/level-iii-results-are-out-congratulations-to-49-who-finished-the-journey/

If you are in the 49% you are going to want it to be even lower next year to make sure the designation stays as selective and as worth as much as possible.

The board probably decide on how many new Charterholders to create each year and set the pass rate accordingly, otherwise the large growth from test takers would devalue the charter.

I am’t complaining though as I passed. Was shaking all morning but am so happy that next year I can actually spend more time with my family now, and not have to tell them I am studying and missing my childeren.

Yeah thank god i can start a family now. What a journey. To many of us to spare this kind of time is a testimony of preserverance. Congrats to all passers. To those who didnt slay the beast the next year

my suspicion is that the pass rate is decided after a MPS is determined.

For instance, i expect the scores are somewhat normally distributed with a mean of say 61-63. Since there are a lot of candidates having the same score, if they set the passing score from 62 to 63, there are enough candidates who scored 62 and didn’t make the cut to make a few percentages difference. (ie 49% instead of 52-54% in previous years).

hey bobice, same sentiments wrt this journey, time to heed the nation’s calling and make more babies!

indeed, the second highest ever, second only to 12,870 last year

I took L3 in 2002 when the passrate was a whopping 58%. Morning section was too long then as well

our summer associate passed.

does anyone know if an inactive charterholder can sponsor a candidate?

Actually, it depends on the skewness of the distribution… An average score can have passed if the distribution is positively skewed. Seems like even if you have passed the 3 CFA exams, level 1 is still far away…

good thing you are sitting right next to me so I can give you something to do this PM. lol.

Damn sounds like they’re just giving these things away these days.