L3 Post Exam thoughts anyone?

Can’t be that high. Maybe you might wanna reevaluate your scoring. 66-67% is huge. Barely anyone would make it through. You might wanna look at 300hours’ estimate. They’re usually quite accurate

I agree with @saurabh03121992 . Perhaps you want to re-evaluate your scoring method.

1 Like

I’ve been re-evaluating my score several times, I will post it here in some time, so you could see.

In the worst case scenario I would score ~61%, and best case scenario ~65%.

CFA Score 1

1 Like

Ouchh. I think its the ethics that killed you bud.

Yeah, instead of ethics bumped, I got ethics dumped.

Unfair bc the ethics Qs are so subjective.

1 Like

Oh my. That’s scary. One poor section could pull one underwater.

I did find some of the practice questions questionable.

The CFA website says the essay part has 8-11 vigenetts and the multiple choice 44 questions, with the equal number of total points between essay(132 points) and MC(132 points).

If the essay has 12 viginetts, does it mean the 1 whole set or vignett is unscored, since the maximum is 11, indicating no dummy questions on MC?
One of my colleagues told me he had 12 for the last level 3 exam, which seems contradictory to what CFA posted.

Regarding the MPS, I saw in 300 hours that May was at 59%, August at 55%. Considering the posts above, it seems the May was at around 61%, instead of 59%. Given that the November exam was unanimously much harder than May, do you think the November one would be closer to 58% or maybe 55% like august? Not sure what scores to aim for the level 3 exam for the next year.

Can you share your AM and PM breakdown

The only way this score makes sense is if you got a 0 on ethics. And like 67% on the remaining 90% which puts you around a 60%

That’s the highest fail score I’ve even seen and you weren’t even on top of the pass line which indicates you needed another 2 or so percent.

1 Like

They didn’t provide such bkreakdown

Ethics 0 10% 0.00%
Econ 67% 10% 6.70%
Equity 60% 10% 6.00%
Fixed 85% 20% 17.00%
Deriv. 60% 10% 6.00%
Alts. 67% 5% 3.35%
PM Behav. 70% 20% 14.00%
PM Ass. All 70% 15% 10.50%
100% 63.55%

This is impossible, either you’re lying or you need to get this to 300hours stat. if ethics was like 33%:

Ethics 33% 10% 3.30%
Econ 67% 10% 6.70%
Equity 60% 10% 6.00%
Fixed 85% 20% 17.00%
Deriv. 60% 10% 6.00%
Alts. 67% 5% 3.35%
PM Behav. 70% 20% 14.00%
PM Ass. All 70% 15% 10.50%
100% 66.85%

And again you weren’t that close to the line which puts the pass at ~69%

Also your previous posts indicate:

I scored ~70% on PMs, above 80% on Fixed Income, between 50-70% on Derivatives, AI, and Eco. Failed Equities ( below 50%), and completely failed Ethics (below 30%). So annoying and absurd, that bc of Ethics failed an entire exam.

Equities was well above 50 in what you are showing, are you sure these are the right results? What you’re showing is the doomsday scenario for LIII candidates, the pass rate will drop to 10% with a 70% MPS

1 Like

300Hours saying that MPS may vary from individual to individual, depending on how hard questions were. So, it may make sense that exam takers who got easier questions can get higher MPS and vice versa. It is just the speculation, however, based on my results and what 300hours and most of you are claiming here, the MPS might not be a fixed number.

Yea these results don’t make sense to me either. The only thing that can explain the fail is that perhaps candidates need to score a minimum % in ethics to pass. In other words, even if he/she got 100% in everything else but say <30% in ethics, they wouldn’t make it, but would perhaps make it with a 60% in everything else and an >50% in ethics.

What do you mean by candidates “who got easier questions”? How many versions of the test do you think there are? Do you know it costs CFAI about $1mn to come up with 1 exam?

Lol, where did you get $1mln cost (source pls)?

I took the assumption from all your very loved 300Houses (pun intended). You should read their full article.

Here:

"We do what we can given what we have. If you read the full article you’ll see that CFA Institute actually now adjusts for individual exams. So technically everyone has a different MPS.

We have reviewed a lot of borderline cases, so we know there are specific cases where the MPS can be as much as 5% higher from our estimate, but publishing a range e.g. 55%-65% isn’t that illuminating either."