L3 prep provider, who is best? IFT, Mark Meldrum, others?

Thanks. This was pretty much my experience for Level 1 and 2 with Schweser as well, but I didn’t do anything else other than CFA mocks and CFA Qbank. Just sounds like only Schweser might not be enough for Level 3.

I tried relying only on Schweser for the most part last year and it got me close, but wasn’t good enough. This year I did a first read with Schweser Notes (plus videos and weekly online classes) but do my review with CFA material as much as I could. Also, their QBank for Level 3 is useless. Just do CFAI EOCs and blue boxes and the CFAI topic tests instead.

I would say Qbank is only really helpful with L1, barely helpful for L2, and almost unnecessary at L3.

Dear All,

Hope many have received good news today. I have learnt extremely useful insights in studying CFA via this forum especially this thread for the Level 3 prep. Getting ready to sign up for Level 3 exam.

Would you still recommend IFT, Mark Meldrum (MM) or others this year to prepare for level 3? Read through the pros and cons and comments in this thread. @schneid, @mskhan91, @S2000Magican, @Rexthedog, @financialstudent, @technicalPOV, @Sam, @Youndman24 and everyone.

• MM: Love a few videos I watched for Level 2 that helped me understand some weak spots I had. Though, MM plans to enable his video lectures in podcast for Level 3. I.e. less visual dependent and MM thinks that would be fine. I am a bit concern being the guinea pig…

• LevelUp: Seems awesome and highly recommended by many. Viewed a video and found the screen very busy and could be hard to keep concentration for some of the 2.5 hours videos… He speaks clearly and easy to listen to. Would you still recommend LevelUp if I can’t attend the bootcamp? Expecting a new child in the family early next year and cannot fly to any bootcamp cities…

• IFT: Like a few Level 3 sample videos watched. Perhaps Level 3 focus more on qualitative than quantitative compare to Level 2. Hence, can’t make a clear comparison.

• Wiley: Below average Level 3 reviews in the forum and Darren Miller had left. Wiley still have great instructors. I used Wiley Level 2 videos and study calendar that helped me pass level 2 this year. I would love to stay with Wiley, but the below average reviews here and the new LOS for Level 3 this year concerns me about the release of the updated LOS videos.

Really appreciate your feedbacks.

sun

His course is super expensive! Any other recommendation that comes close in quality?

Actually, I did LevelUp after 2 failed with Shweser. Marc is definitely a better instructor- assuming you have his videos. No I have 800+ AF point under my belt. i have been here for over a century. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating my time.

1 Like

Hello, did you do both Level Up videos and the boot camp or just the videos? I was told that at even at the premium price point LU holds back some content for those who join bootcamp?

Pak did you pass? I recall you had to study very late due to family reasons…You have been a great contributor, I hope you got through… let us know…

Malee - You get a few extra items during the BootCamp:

• past AM exams sorted by topic

• IPS workbook - to use during your IPS workshop

Can you please elaborate more? I used LevelUp (BootCamp and videos) this year and failed. I am thinking about the IFT package for 2019.

Overall, I am happy with LU (videos and slides), but want to consider other options.

I only did the Qbank because of the pass guarantee, but agree it was useless got over 90% in all of it but now at least I get a free new schweser package as if you don 50% of the questions with over 80% mark you get the pass guarantee… I think this year if I do decide to write again will focus on re watching the videos and weekly online classes and combine it with more EOC and re doing all TTs few times instead of Qbank.

I have to sing a song of praise on Mark Meldrum. In my opinion exceptionally good value for money. Content and style of teaching was already really good for L2 and L3 but I think he added now to the technical backend of his site so this also should now be on the same Level with the other guys (Arif, Marc…).

Based on the previous threats I read regarding this topic I think you go rather fine choosing one of those offers:

Mark Meldrum, Level Up, IFT, Schweser

David Hetherington of Schweser is amazing

Even after the silly mistakes I made I still passed. If you are not a high band retaker I would get the the LevelUp videos and start watching in December at the latest.

Thanks very much for the additional info, everyone.

sko

Looking over the different options, I was curious if anyone would recommend a specific weekly in person class rather than just online videos. I see a bunch of places have a crash course of 3-4 days but looking for something that has me somewhat forced to sit down and not get too distracted within NYC

LevelUp is the best! I did the bootcamp and watched some of the videos. I followed Marc’s advice and did the work he told all of his students to do. I was a re-taker this year and I passed comfortably - I was closer to the 90% percentile than the MPS.

Any feedback on Adaptprep(https://www.adaptprep.com/cfa/level-3/learn/) if someone has used it ?

IFT offers a free 7 day trial. I am going to test it over the 3-day weekend here… No credit card needed and you get access within a few minutes.

I did LevelUp last year, so it will be easy to compare and pick the “one” for 2019. I liked the LU package, but it’s always worth seeing what the competition offers.

Hello,

After watching the level up videos would I need to read the entire curriculum once again? Or it would be enough to study the highlighted curriculum parts in the videos?

Thanks!