Languages in the Office

Agreed. I can’t stand these people.

What you stated many times before is still wrong, stating it 100x more won’t make it any less wrong.

The term “language of the office” doesn’t make sense. Maybe if you’re working in Utah or some isolated place there is a clear language of the office. In our Seoul office the “language of the office” could be considered Korean, but the Americans come all the time and speak English with each other, some of the Koreans can’t follow what they are saying. So that is unprofessional on the part of the Americans correct?

I’ve been in many negotiations where the people on the other side of the table switch to Japanese/Korean in the middle of the discussion, to quickly confirm with each other they have understood what has been proposed. What is the langage of the office here? We could be meeting at their place, our place, or a neutral place.

The whole concept “language of the office” doesn’t actually make sense.

I didn’t realize that Utah was isolated.

We’d better alert the folks in Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho: it could be contageous.

Well yeah, North America is already geographically isolated, inland USA is total “yee haaw” land.

I work for an American company in Canada, so obviously the language of the office is “Murcian”. Duh.

And if you’re negotiating with an opposite party or talking to clients, who the hell cares what they’re speaking, do whatever it takes to get the deal done. That’s not even comparable to what we’re talking about in this thread. And your whole attitude towards Utah is disgusting. Mormons are people too.

^ LOL, enjoyable.

Two absurd generalizations.

Waah, it’s unprofessional. Waah, it’s rude. Tough shit, we no speak americano

[Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR8logunPzQ]

The first one was just geography. The second is a generalization, but not really absurd.