Laptop suggestions

Keep your head up Dal, it can be a long road, but with persistence you’ll make it. If you do decide to get a Mac, be prepared for an adjustment period to get used to the new interface. Best practice is to find a serious Mac user and ask them to help you get setup / customized and used to the operating system.

The VBA thing was a deal breaker before, but I’m going to give Macs a shot this year. Hope I don’t have to use some secret keyboard combinations to make my VBA stuff work as expected.

I’ve had an 11’’ mac air for the last year or so and love it. Would highly recommend it. I find in discussions like this, either online or in real world, that tech savvy people feel that macs are not worth the extra cash because they are able to maintain windows PCs so that they do not slow down, get viruses etc and after a year or two can upgrade the memory etc and customise as they see fit. For regular joes like me, windows pc’s always slow down over time and after about 2 years become buggy and horrible. I have heard that windows 7 is better at preventing this which is something to consider. I would say that if you are not tech savvy and can afford it, you will not be sorry you stumped up the extra for the mac air.