LEH next?

http://www.bearstearns.com/sitewide/investor_relations/index.htm

quiet period until tomorrow…but we have to take what is said tomorrow with a grain of salt (see countrywide and BSC announcements 1 week prior to meltdowns). Its all about their countryparties…if buy-side funds are pulling business, there is no reason to think that LEH won’t succumb just as BSC did. I fear its already happening…

Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s first-quarter net income dropped 57%. Beats Analyst Expectation of 72 cents a share. NI declared is 81 cents a share down from $1.96 a share last year.

I believe LEH is going to go under before this year ends either due to its highly leveraged balance sheet or its toxic investments in commercial real estate mortgage.

Why not UBS for that matter? They are losing billions each quarter?

Are those last two posts April Fools jokes?

WSJ just put out that CFA Institute is seriously considering a bid for LEH and BSC. CFAI is planning to fire all of the lazy i-bankers and staff the above firms with freshly minted CFA’s.

What did I tell you CFAdummy and NCStateHockey? Look at my post on 4/1/08 and see what happened to LEH today 09/16/2008?. Listen to your daddy next time.

ash,win

Ashwin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What did I tell you CFAdummy and NCStateHockey? > Look at my post on 4/1/08 and see what happened to > LEH today 09/16/2008?. Listen to your daddy next > time. ashwin, nice call