Level 1 2015 - Results Thread

PASS!!

EQ, FRA, Quant, FI, Derivatives and Ethics >70

the rest 50-70

You can purchase your results early for $50 from the CFAI, just call them and ask for the “Quick Results Deal”.

Hahaha and the phone calls start now! Good one sir

I failed band 10 in June. I’m not sure what to think right now.

It’s either going to be a pass or another band 10.

Band 10 again would be pretty horrific.

I did feel better taking the test this time. I’m going to stay cautiously optimistic and hope for a pass.

Hope u pass this time:)

if u dont mind, could you tell us what were your topic scores?

How many questions did you guess? I guessed around 15-20%.

I am also getting more nervous as the result approaches. Its crazy, I spent a lot of time studying for this test; close to 400 hours. If I don’t pass, its stressed.

I just got a email for NYSSA to start my level 2 prep right! Is this a sign!!! Did I passs? arggggghh the SUSPENSE!

Here’s my band 10 fail from June:

Alternative Investments10-*-

Corporate Finance17–*

Derivatives12*–

Economics24*–

Equity Investments24-*-

Ethical & Professional Standards36–*

Financial Reporting & Analysis48*–

Fixed Income Investments24-*-

Portfolio Management17–*

Quantitative Methods28-*-

Obviously FRA killed me, though that probably wasn’t way under 50%. I’m typically good at derivatives. Not sure what happened there. In the end, that didn’t make a huge difference. I thought the Econ section of the June test was particularly hard, though I admit that’s one of my weaker areas. I think, in the sections I got over 70%, I probably did a fair bit better than 70%.

The lesson is you have to try to get at least, like, 2/3 of the FRA section right. And then nail Ethics. That alone gets you off to a very good start.

I’ll also add that I was a Sociology major undergrad. I probably studied about 350 hours for the June test. I did plenty of practice questions, but not a ton of practice tests.

For the December test, I was regularly hitting in the 70s on practice tests. I think my worst practice test was 70%.

If I don’t pass this time, I’m going to take a breather, and then, if I have the stomach for it, take level 1 again when my brain is less scattered.

Hoping that I get less than band 10 if i fail… It’ll be less heartbreaking that way :frowning:

Goodluck ya’ll yes

Good luck all.

Results are out at approx. 1am Wednesday morning in my time zone; work tomorrow will be a struggle!

Goodluck to all those expecting their December results.

This is getting crazy. Just can’t wait for the results. Heartbeats surge every minute.

Feels like Groundhog Day only instead of 6 weeks it is 4 more months of studying.

is there any update on results?

Good luck everyone - try to stay calm until you get your results! I can already picture the Candidate who starts freaking out thinking they didn’t pass because their e-mail won’t arrive until later today. I’m confident I didn’t pass so I’m far from anxious about getting the official results - I’m just dreading getting the e-mail because I know my coworker (who’s passed I & II) will take great pleasure knowing I failed lol.

Due to be released after 9am ET. A little under half an hour away

Good lord. I have that “waiting in the baggage collection gate for my luggage”-feeling, times 10.

The worst part was telling so many people about writing the exam and when the results are going to be out. Never doing that again…