Level 2 and First-Year MBA: Is is possible?

whystudy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daj224 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > it can be done. but it is tough as nails. just > did > > top 20 mba and passed level i in june, but i > had > > several buddies who did level 2 DURING our mba > > program (a lot failed, it is tough, and in > school, > > you WILL be doing a lot of MBA partying – > unless > > you are mormon, a dork, or simply do not want > to > > build your network – which is WHY you go to b > > school to begin with) > > > > . truth is, if you are going to top 10, your > first > > yeare WILL BE insane. count on it. i promise it > > will. esp if you are going to darden. > > > > anyways, make sure you lock down an internship > > early and start level 2 studying in jan, NO > later. > > > > > > good luck. > > > > if you passed level 1 already, you will have an > > easier time in the interviews, b/c they will > > alrerady you can do quant. just show em you are > a > > people person and you should be fine. i repeat, > > lock dwon summer job first, then kill level 2. > > LOL!!!.. you can do Quant because you passed > level 1?.. that’s a bold statement; i don’t even > think there’s anything quant in level 1 besides > linear regression which is covered in 2nd year in > university. there is no regression in level 1 … so the “quant” is pretty much high school stats/probability :slight_smile:

> > > > LOL!!!.. you can do Quant because you passed > > level 1?.. that’s a bold statement; i don’t > even > > think there’s anything quant in level 1 besides > > linear regression which is covered in 2nd year > in > > university. > > > there is no regression in level 1 … so the > “quant” is pretty much high school > stats/probability :slight_smile: YOU GUYS, BY QUANT, I MEANT ANY FINANCE, ACCTG, STATS, ECON, ETC — I WAS USING THE TERM AS A BROAD UMBRELLA. I STILL SAY THAT PASSING LEVEL 1 WILL HELP YOU ON INTERVIEWS…JUST BY PASSING IT, IT SHOWS YOU ARE DEDICATED AND ARE NOT AN IDIOT. I DID NOT MEAN QUANT AS IN THE QUANT WE DO FOR LEVEL 1 AND 2 – I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE PRECISE.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > LOL!!!.. you can do Quant because you passed > > > level 1?.. that’s a bold statement; i don’t > > even > > > think there’s anything quant in level 1 > besides > > > linear regression which is covered in 2nd > year > > in > > > university. > > > > > > there is no regression in level 1 … so the > > “quant” is pretty much high school > > stats/probability :slight_smile: > > > YOU GUYS, BY QUANT, I MEANT ANY FINANCE, ACCTG, > STATS, ECON, ETC — I WAS USING THE TERM AS A > BROAD UMBRELLA. I STILL SAY THAT PASSING LEVEL 1 > WILL HELP YOU ON INTERVIEWS…JUST BY PASSING IT, > IT SHOWS YOU ARE DEDICATED AND ARE NOT AN IDIOT. > > I DID NOT MEAN QUANT AS IN THE QUANT WE DO FOR > LEVEL 1 AND 2 – I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE PRECISE. LOL, no need for the caps. This is a CFA Level 2 forum; it’s not wise to use words interchangably. But you are right, passing level 1 certainly gives you creditability. Too many people just put CFA Level 1 Candidate on their resume now to get recognition they don’t deserve.

> LOL, no need for the caps. This is a CFA Level 2 > forum; it’s not wise to use words interchangably. sorry, doooode! > > But you are right, passing level 1 certainly gives > you creditability. Too many people just put CFA > Level 1 Candidate on their resume now to get > recognition they don’t deserve. i dont know if they put it on there and dont mean to reallygive it an effort, but I will say that ever since I passed level I, I am getting better responses from recruiters, etc…passing level I shows that you can “do it” and when one passes one level, you are more likely than not to continue with the program and finish it.

I’m a little late to this thread, but it is definitely possible to pass L2 without missing out on too much of the bschool experience. I had to study during spring break and the entire month after classes ended (which really sucked), but aside from that, I had a pretty normal year (went out, met ppl, had fun, got the internship I wanted, etc.). A couple caveats: I would recommend moderating club involvement. To overload with club leadership positions or tons of activities would be insane. I would also not recommend taking L1 in December and then taking L2 in June while doing bschool. Based on my classmates’ experiences, that doesn’t work out well, either. Good luck!

I’ve yet to hear from a b school student who actually truly works more than 45 hours / week. Considering nearly everyone else here passes the CFA while working full time, I’m not sure I see the problem. Not only CAN it be done, but it’s not that big a deal to do so.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve yet to hear from a b school student who > actually truly works more than 45 hours / week. > C tier 1 or tier 2. top 100 or top 20? programs like darden are rigorous. a lower ranked school doles out less work. fact.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > plyon Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ve yet to hear from a b school student who > > actually truly works more than 45 hours / week. > > > C > > tier 1 or tier 2. top 100 or top 20? programs like > darden are rigorous. a lower ranked school doles > out less work. fact. Top 20.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daj224 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > plyon Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I’ve yet to hear from a b school student who > > > actually truly works more than 45 hours / > week. > > > > > C > > > > tier 1 or tier 2. top 100 or top 20? programs > like > > darden are rigorous. a lower ranked school > doles > > out less work. fact. > > Top 20. outlier.