Level 2 Retakers - June 2009

HI all I really had the feeling that this year CFAI WANTED TO REALLY KNOW if we studied EVERYT single subject , this year was same difficulty as last year however last year really hit the famous topics (Interest rate parity, translation , Cap budgeting). The Curriculum this year is larger with the big PE reading and taxes reading , by the way the PE reading is VERY VERY important if u want to pursue a career in PE or investment banking GOOD LUCK FOR US ALL :slight_smile:

This year might be better for me. Less distraction in life so I had more time to study and was better organized. I guess on the whole I planned things better than before. Hopefully I can pass Level II so I can move on with my lifeā€¦

mdecav Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > rule of 70 was new. I always thought of it as > rule of 72. i think that both exist. anyways, can just underline what was mainly said before. i think it was definitely tricky, but doable. i studied more thoroughly than last year so in the end I was better prepared. I have a good feeling about it, but obviously anything can happen again. Last year I thought I smoked it and result was band 10, but in the end if I look back I did not deserve to pass it because some concepts were not totally clear to me. Weā€™ll see August 18th how well we all did. Until then, enjoy the summertime, red wine and beautiful womanā€¦ :wink:

MONGOOSENY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this years exam was trickier ā€¦ w/ that being > said ā€¦ i was fooled as due to my lack of reading > comprehension i will be a band 10 again for 2 > years in a row ā€¦ as i know i have failed ā€¦ i > will comeback in 3 months to post my results ā€¦ > until then i canā€™t think about this test anymore > ā€¦ i can accept failure ā€¦ i just hate having to > admit that i didnā€™t do well for the 2nd year in a > row ā€¦ by the slimmest of margins ā€¦ cā€™est la > vie I can feel for you. You get a band 10 because you missed may be 2-3 questions, thatā€™s a bummer. I think CFAI should offer L2 in december and june so we donā€™t have to wait another year to write. May be I should suggest this to the CFAI? Any body else agree/disagree?

I would agree with you. Waiting one year is excessive and expensive. I would be fine if they made a rule that after you pass one level you have to wait one year before you can take the next. I know that would impact some of the Dec Level I to June Level II takers, but I believe the CFAI might agree with my change.

they should offer it in DEC but require a higher pass rate say 80%ā€¦ that would help the annuity stream and I would certainly go for it after a close fail in june

I found it easier this year. Actually I shld say ā€˜less difficultā€™. Though I think it was due to better prep. Aug 18 will decide if the prep was better.