Level 3 strategies

My strategy was: 1) Schweser study notes. If you feel you don’t understand smth, look it up in CFAI/Analyst Forum. Don’t bother with CFAI otherwise 2) EOC questions in CFAI - essential 3) the most important - problems within the chapters of CFAI. Some of them were very similar to the questions asked at the exam 4) Practice responses to the mock exam and past exams to make sure you are on time. 5) Look up “Don’t miss this” thread in the forum. I pretty much made flashed cards with some of the answers there.

Question - where the heck do you get these “past exams” that youre speaking of?

Don’t start until January. You will burn out. 1. Know the Schweser. 2. Do the end of chapter CFAI questions over and over again. There are more than schweser and they are more difficult. Are they as difficult as the exam…no. Yet, they are the best you will get. 3. Take an analyst class if there is one in your area. I took the SF analysts class for L3. It just kept me on track. 4. Take a schweser course if there is one in your area. Great review session. 5. In May, start taking the tests. Know the AM tests backwards and forwards. Best of Luck!

Canadianloco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Question - where the heck do you get these “past > exams” that youre speaking of? here they are http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/essaylevelthree.html

Do the ‘Blue Boxes’ in the CFAI reading Do All CFAI reading back chapter questions Schweser Q Bank Then you will pass. :wink:

Just do what is good for you. This is not about strategy - it’s about understanding everything they want you to undestand and then having the ability to put what you know in respect of the questions on to paper in the time allowed. Nothing more. And you have to realise you have to beat at leat 50% of the other candidates - simple. Yeah. My strategy, as I’ve said on this forum before, is to read each and every LOS and make sure you understand exactly what they want from you. Worked for me.