Level 3 Veterans

1st

1st

all the kids above average ? I am on 2 also , but pessimistic

2nd time L3 taker. I’ll be insanely pissed if I have to retake this bastard. Amazing how some people say L3 is the easiest. I guess to some it is, but to me it’s the opposite - way harder than 1 and 2. 2 was tough, but 3 has been much tougher. It’s like taking two exams given the difference between the AM and PM formats. I hate it.

2nd

what? how could L3 be the easiest?! I’ve never heard anyone say that…

Hey, I agree. Back in the day it used to be the easiest. I swear, people who passed L3 before 2000 need an astericks by their designation. It’s a completely different exam now vs then. People who took it then - and I work with many who took it in the early/mid 90’s - can’t understand why I spend so much time studying. Those same people don’t understand fundamental L2 stuff. Sad but true.

A friend of mine once found the early CFA curriculum in a library, and he said the equities section ended at the Gordon Growth model LOL The exam has become far more difficult now than it ever was…

was that 2005? I think the mid 90’s exam ended with the GGM model - if it even got that far. The Charterholders I work with who passed in the 90’s don’t understand sh*t…and I’m not being bitter, just honest.

One said they were given the financials of a major auto company and were asked to provide the IPS of the company. Nearly an 80% pass rate with the majority of people taking the exam in the US - back when it was an esoteric exam.

I love hearing how L3 was the “easy” level from them…especially when they don’t know WTF duration even is.

If I started a firm I’d def require CFA Charterholders who passed after a certain date. Maybe that’s discriminatory, but I see what the exam was and is. It “was” very, very easy. It “is” not easy - and I’m not just saying that because I’m taking it, but because I knew far more after passing level 1 vs. CFA Charterholders who took it in the 90’s. It was beyond pathetic. At first I thought it was a matter of time - that they forgot. Nope - it turns out they never learned it. They knew VERY basic finance - less to equivalent of what a current finance grad of a major public university would know.

CFAI needs to add an astericks or something to people who passed it when it was hard vs. easy. They know it too. I know they know it. I’ll stop there to avoid any further issues.

I think the CFAI realizes this, hence the push for continuing education. My boss, who earned his charter in the '80’s, asked me how my “readings” were going. I said fine, but I was having trouble but derivatives are always difficult. He said “there are derivative on the exam?”

This from a guy throws his 12c at me everytime there’s a PV or IRR calc to do and says “here, you know how to use this thing better than I do”.

I think the CFAI realizes this, hence the push for continuing education. My boss, who earned his charter in the '80’s, asked me how my “readings” were going. I said fine, but derivatives are always difficult. He said “there are derivative on the exam?”

This from a guy throws his 12c at me everytime there’s a PV or IRR calc to do and says “here, you know how to use this thing better than I do”.

^ lol !

Isn’t it 2nd?

I’m pretty sure I remember we were both registered for L3 June 2011.

1st.

Yes I was registered, but I was unprepared and was a no-show on exam day

Last

hows the feeling this time for repeaters/first timers?..i cant say i m in good shape :frowning:

My thoughts exactly - hope for it to be true

2nd here too…

1st and i hope will be band 11