Level 4??

I found an outline for level 4: 18 study sessions Sessions 1&2 - Ethics Sessions 3-4 - The Death of Market Neutral Investing and Detecting the next Madoff Session 5 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials (Options) Session 6 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials (Day Trading) Session 7 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials (No Money Down Real Estate) Session 8 - TARP, TALF, PPIP & Geithner Sessions 9 & 10 - Derivatives - Gamma Geeks and Vega dummies Sessions 11-17 Misc Readings, all one of the readings never tested before will be now Session 18 - Is the dividend discount model dead? A reformers view.

FastEd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I found an outline for level 4: > > 18 study sessions > > Sessions 1&2 - Ethics > Sessions 3-4 - The Death of Market Neutral > Investing and Detecting the next Madoff > Session 5 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials > (Options) > Session 6 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials (Day > Trading) > Session 7 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials (No > Money Down Real Estate) > Session 8 - TARP, TALF, PPIP & Geithner > Sessions 9 & 10 - Derivatives - Gamma Geeks and > Vega dummies > Sessions 11-17 Misc Readings, all one of the > readings never tested before will be now > Session 18 - Is the dividend discount model dead? > A reformers view. you forgot to mention. how to cheat on your taxes how to avoid paying your credit card How to NOT to avoid foclosure. these are very impontant reading materiel, let add them in the SS1

Schweser posted the following message from CFAI on its website confirming that it is indeed a false rumour: http://www.schweser.com/cfa/blog/index.php?item_id=617 April 13th, 2009 CFA Institute’s Announcement Regarding False Press Release By Dr. R. Douglas Van Eaton, CFA - Level 1 Manager and Vice President of CFA Education The CFA Charter still consists of (only) three levels. CFA Institute released the following to us… Please disregard the false press release currently circulating regarding a fourth level of the CFA Program. This was not released by CFA Institute. There are no plans to introduce a fourth level to the CFA Program. We will continue to offer three levels of the exam and offer Level I of the exam in June and December.

Good breakdown, although they are moving to 19 sessions this year Session 19- Exploiting MILF opportunities and STD immunization FastEd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I found an outline for level 4: > > 18 study sessions > > Sessions 1&2 - Ethics > Sessions 3-4 - The Death of Market Neutral > Investing and Detecting the next Madoff > Session 5 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials > (Options) > Session 6 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials (Day > Trading) > Session 7 - Dissecting Investing Infomercials (No > Money Down Real Estate) > Session 8 - TARP, TALF, PPIP & Geithner > Sessions 9 & 10 - Derivatives - Gamma Geeks and > Vega dummies > Sessions 11-17 Misc Readings, all one of the > readings never tested before will be now > Session 18 - Is the dividend discount model dead? > A reformers view.

I heard on one of the CFAI webcast series ( CFAI take 15 minutes) that CFAI is considering adding Islamic Finance to the CFA curriculum. I am sure they can find enogh material if they want. CFA curriculum is very limited in many areas. If they are going to creat a new level, it will be applicable on new candidates joining the program; the same approach they followed when they introduced the new experience requirements.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I tell them it’s not. Unless I secretly can’t > > stand that person, then I tell them to go for > it > > assuming I won’t have to see them for another 3 > > years if they take my advice. > > > Swanny, you are particularly crotchety this year. > Everything OK? I was not being entirely serious, basically saying I would never wish the CFA on anyone I liked. I don’t know where else I’ve been crabby other than with cfafrank and that goes back to him telling a thread of people complaining of burnout that the CFAi was considering adding a level 4 “just to keep people like you from receiving the charter” or something to that effect. But if I am irritable it probably has something to do with covering approximately 100 pages of CFAi text per day with no interviews or prospects of employment following full time grad school (should have stayed at my last job). But at least I’m strapped with debt from the experience so I guess the MSF taught me a great life lesson about ALM. I’m fairly certain at this point that passing these exams is meaningless from a practical standpoint since I doubt I’ll ever have the experience in this feild to receive the charter. Oh, and my six year girlfriend is midway through her first semester of a PhD program in a country unconnected to this one via land, so that’s not helping. I don’t remember you being too chipper in January when the future of your firm was less certain either.