Level II Study Schedule for June 2008

How painful is the equity section? It’s large in terms of pages. Is it dense or not bad? Finishing up corp fin this weekend- moving either to equity or PM next weekend, probably equity.

finishing FSA this weekend. Aside from MNCs…it wasnt painful at all. My initial reaction to FSA for level 1 was far worse. I suppose Equity for L2 will be my biggest hurdle. That said, Ive done my first pass through Ethics, Quant, Econ and nearly done FSA. I cant remember how far along as was at this time last year but I have to admit that I do feel like I am crunched for time. I havent been using Q-bank all that much. I suppose I will use it more after I complete my first pass through all sections and start reviewing and re-learning. I wish I had kept a journal of my progress for L1 b/c I believe that I “peaked” at exactly the right time (that being exam day). Anyways…the long weekend should be more than enough for me to finish FSA and begin Equity. Using the CFA texts…so its gonna take me a while to get through that monster. Ive already gone through two highlighters for the first two texts. JB

i don’t feel crunched for time yet at all. i wish i did, because i’m not really studying all that hard right now. maybe once all of the L1’ers pass i’ll get motivated. i’m about in the same spot you are JB, substitute FI for econ. i’m taking the easy way out though, schweser instead of the big ol’ texts. i should finish FSA this weekend and start equity. my goal is a first read by maybe mid-march of everything and then re-learn, qbank, etc. i signed up for harris- that’s end of feb in boston- hopefully that’ll make some of this FSA sink in a bit better. so are you in denver now? moved on from fudgepacker LLC in roch-vegas?

haha…believe it or not I am staying in the Roc. I got a solid opp in the best company around here. So ill be working in the Energy sector going forward. Its funny how things work out…the interview I had in Denver last summer…had I gotten the gig…I would have been let go as a result of all this CDO mess. Im excited for the new opp…and to be completely honest…being here allows me to focus on my career and knock out the CFA cause there arent too many distractions. If I was in Denver…I’d be so distracted and there would be no way I would be able to study as much. So…for now…onward ho to the next chapter (in life and in FSA…2 more to go).

JB, how are the CFAI texts for FSA? I read CFAI and Schweser for quant and it was pretty much the same only CFAI gives you an excessive amount of examples for every concept. FSA was pretty direct in Schweser and there didn’t seem to be anything that was too difficult to comprehend.

I didnt mind FSA in the texts. I am probably one of the few who enjoy the depth of the texts. I have never used Schweser notes so I dont have anything to compare it to. I agree that CFAI goes way more in depth than needed, but I feel like I am able to extract the most important concepts and I use some of the more in depth information to strengthen my understanding. I do, however, rely on the Qbank a great deal when it comes time to review. I dont think I would stand a shot at passing without the Qbank.

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- … > I dont think I would stand a shot at > passing without the Qbank. Good point.