Level Up study plan

huh? You mean demonstration by not using the CFAI material and passing? I mean you can say anyone is acting like an idiot just to not admit a mistake but in the context of the conversation such a person is not acting like an idiot and it’s demonstrated fact that such people exist. If you still want to claim such people are acting like idiots what reasonable basis would you have for doing so? It appears none.

not jumping down your throat but some of the counterpoints to this approach include:

• common suggestion to use bullet points and be brief in AM essays. For many it’s better and more efficient to just learn the brief version of things to be ready to use a similar approach to respond to am questions. As you point out CFAI material is not brief.

• objective is to do “well enough “ on the exam (however the candidate personally defines that) not perfect. Prep provider material may be more effective in helping achieve this than CFAI material.

• alternative material may be in a format or style that is more conducive to how a particular candidate learns best.

• there’s an old saying that if you don’t have time to do it right the first time how do you have time to do it over? For some candidates “right the first time “ means material other than CFAI. Doing it “over” by also using CFAI materials would then not be the best course of action.

i’m not for or against CFAI material vs other. Like a lot of things in life there are different approaches out there for a reason. The smart candidate will spend a reasonable amount of time reviewing their options and weighing the pros and cons and make their best decision.

So . . . you’re saying that it’s impossible for someone to act like an idiot and still pass a test?

no. I’m saying you have no basis to say anyone not using CFAI material is acting like an idiot.

Those who are not using CFA curriculum for level 3, are playing with fire!

But without knowing the hundreds of candidates I’ve taught, you have no basis to say that I have no basis.

We have a difference of opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Frm my experience… I wld suggest… Read cfai text couple of times before going to bootcamp. Iam sure… U will be able to connect the dots in bootcamp. Not sure…if u need his videos…but agn… Thats my personal opinion. .One size doesnt fit all

nonsense. Doesn’t matters what candidates you have taught. We are discussing the general pool of candidates and there are numerous examples of not using CFAI material and passing and reasonably concluding that that is the best strategy for those candidates. Or in other cases maybe not even best but certainly not idiotic.

perhaps what you’re observing is something about candidates who elect to use your service which is something completely different and not something I have expressed an opinion on nor something you have said previously. It seems you may be assuming candidates who select your service are representative of the pool of candidates or representative of the range of candidates generally. If your statement about your pool of candidates is correct it would seem you have made an incorrect assumption. The other possibility is that you are incorrect about your pool of candidates. To make a conclusion about that would be very difficult as you likely have a standard way to help people learn the material.

I am not expressing an opinion about your pool of candidates. I am stating something factual that relates to specific candidates in the broader pool.

Nope.

No, you’re not.

You’re stating an opinion, perhaps about the broader pool.

You cannot know that somebody who doesn’t try a particular approach would have been better off if they had.

This has become tiresome. I’m done with it.

yes it is tiresome that you can’t follow simple logic and explanations. What I can and do know is that many people do quite well not using the CFAI curriculum. It is not necessary (as i’ve previously explained) that you know someone would have been better off using some other approach for my point to be accurate and a statement of fact. If someone spends an appropriate amount of time and has a comfortable pass (however they may have defined that) they have not taken an insane approach. Many people pass this way. Thus your original statement is demonstrably false.