LII vs. LIII candidate opportunities

CFA will not give you job - at least it didn’t help me much …

Experience always trumps any certificates

yeah but if you’re not ready to capitalize on that luck, you wouldn’t even know that luck (once in a career opportunity) just passed by you.

luck only comes to those who are prepared to take it

The harder you work, the luckier you get.

So your career path was excel monkey for 6 months then research analyst? Are you still doing the same or did you move on from that as well?

Toronto tho. Smh

yeah it was a startup equity fund therefore they didn’t want to hire full time junior research or junior fund accountant. So instead they hired one person (me) to take on both roles. Within several months the fund secured a few big investors from pensions and endowments from across the US. As a result, i was promoted to research analyst, effectively skipping 2-3 years of IB role. I am now in equity PE fund doing more of the same BUT i do not work on the financial models anymore. I review summary reports and meet with the senior managers of the company we are researching on and occasionally meet in person with our investors to update them on our view of the economy and strats.

little history about infinity,those ~6 months is when I decided and take the first level of CFA. Also, because i landed a buyside research role without the grunt of 2 years of IB role, I never got my MBA in my mid 20s (which was the usual route, IB then MBA then buyside)…instead went the EMBA route.

which emba did you do

Hi,

Now that I’ve passed level 2 - I’d like to know when I get the lambo, as promised.

lambo? I think you’re confused with CPA…If you pass

level 1 CFA exam, you will get EC145.

Level 2, you’ll get G650

Level 3, house on 5 acres either on the hamptons or nantucket.

i thought you worked at a dealership? No?

Sorry, that’s more than you can afford pal.