Likelihood of reading 12 calcs showing up on exam?

Haha this is why I exclusively use the text, there was a prior year where CFAI accidently marked a handful of readings as optional, and then a couple months before the exam changed them to mandatory/compulsory (whatever the term is).

Anyways for those of you who didnt use the curriculum, the good news is that Schweser is the #1 prep provider in the world. It seems most candidates use them - so they must be doing something right.

If a question like this appears on the exam, I’m sure a large portion of exam takers might whiff on it. You guys have the benefit of technology and information sharing through analyst forums - so I wouldn’t stress out too much. If you know it great, if not - not to worry you’ll get your points elsewhere, passing the exam is all relative.

Do your best! and good luck!

I caught both methods, family and human life method. It’s not difficult but as with anything else is easy to misunderstand and accidentally omit variables.

whats insurance value whats cash value btw

Did you use the case on pages 435 - 438? I went through it too…didn’t think it was too bad.

There is one large blue box. I use Vital source so don’t know about page numbers. There are two methods, Human life method and Needs analysis method. It isn’t difficult but same as with other IPS component questions is easy to omit variable in calculation steps. Btw, if they would ask for more complicated Needs Analysis method they should provide almost all variables, we only should to classify, compound by annuity due mode, sum and deduct.