London Excel Center

Hi, Any Londoners been to the Excel center yet? Anything to worry about or anything spectacular about the center. Please share your views if you’ve been.

i have not been there as of yet, but considering its an hour away from where i live…i think im going to book a room near the building so i can wake up later and have a decent breakfast.

I have ordered a cab to the distination. About half an hour, they said. so i’ll be outta bed by 5/6am and outta my house by 7:15. I’ll probably check it out tomorrow.

here are my opinions/experiences: 1. Parking for the whole day is about 15 quid. (dont remember exactly) 2. There are shops serving food and drinks, but expect long queues. 3. There is a room right next to the hall where u can keep the bags etc. HTH

with the outrageous cabbie prices here in london i reckon it would be cheaper to rent a room. and i get that key hour of extra sleep.

I am taking the Exam in Excel Centre. Never been to the site before. I am going to check out the venue on Friday. Is there any quiet area to study during the 2 hours break?

I’ve booked a room as well. It would be quite a journey in the morning otherwise for me. From west to east, like you a good hour. I’ve booked travel inn, read some good reviews on them and most importantly they were the cheapest! I was thinking the other day just imagine the chaos if there were major delays on any of the lines esp the DLR!!

CFALondon0109 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > with the outrageous cabbie prices here in london i > reckon it would be cheaper to rent a room. and i > get that key hour of extra sleep. Not many rooms left mate - get in quick! http://www.laterooms.com/en/Hotels.aspx?k=E16_1XL&r=0&n=1&d=20071130&rt=1,0&c=0 When I booked a couple of weeks ago, customs house was full - they must have had a couple of cancellations. I’m in the sunborn yacht!

I’m driving to the venue and bringing my own lunch, so I can relax in the car during the break and destress. Saying that though, if we get out of the hall at 12:30pm after the first exam, and are expected to be back there an hour before the next exam (1pm) that only leaves a half hour break. Can anyone who’s done an exam at the Excel centre before comment on how long before the 2nd exam we have to be there?

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFALondon0109 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > with the outrageous cabbie prices here in london > i > > reckon it would be cheaper to rent a room. and > i > > get that key hour of extra sleep. > > Not many rooms left mate - get in quick! > > http://www.laterooms.com/en/Hotels.aspx?k=E16_1XL& > r=0&n=1&d=20071130&rt=1,0&c=0 > > When I booked a couple of weeks ago, customs house > was full - they must have had a couple of > cancellations. I’m in the sunborn yacht! IM really digging this sunborn yacht!!