Low Practice Scores. I better give up?

+1. Concept checkers are usually quite easy. CFAI EOC questions are a very important source of practice. CFAHurdle Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would recommend going through the CFAI EOC > questions instead of scheweser.

thanks a lot guys…ill do as u say…time is running out… 1 last ques - by “CFAI EOC” ques u mean the practise questions at the end of each chapter in the cfai books right?

yup :slight_smile:

Timeline: 09:53 GMT, 140510…21 days to D-Day Scores improving with every practice question. Candidate gaining more confidence. Raring to go. Over… @beatthecfa. Yeah, most of them across the pond don’t watch football, eh, soccer. Am a gooner but Jose has helped me love him since he left those pensioners.

karan.mfc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hmmm…by “CFAI EOC” ques u mean the practise > questions at the back of each chapter in the cfai > books right? > > > ive been studtying from schweser…havent even > looked at the cfai books… and I’ve only been > doing the schweser concept checkers… > Are the CFAI questions significantly different??? The way I recall Level I is that the questions per se weren’t tremenduously difficult if you had had plenty of time. What is extremely difficult, however, is that you’re so pressed for time. You have to make up your mind in a split second, the alternative answers look almost as plausible. Imagine yourself sitting there, grabbing one question after another… 1.5 minute for each one… you have just taken 50 questions head on … snap… snap… snap… and you know you just simply have to press on, another 70 questions to go. The afternoon session was even more gruelling because you’re tired from the morning session and a bit sleepy from having had your lunch. Snap… snap… snap… 120 questions to go. My advice to you, karan, is that you skip the concept checkers for now, except those you’ve missed, and try the practice exams that go with the Schweser material. You should also get used to jotting down the answers and sketches you draw not on scratch paper but cram it in right on top of the booklet itself. Cross out wrong answers straight away, encircle key words such as “least plausible” or “most likely” so you don’t pick the opposite to what they’re asking for simply by mistake.

thanks MehdiOchre…ive stopped doing the concept checkers now… im in a rush coz i started studying in FEB and and since im doing a masters degree also…was held up in the month of april coz of the college exams… now i hav the last half of FRA to cover and then im gna devote the final 2 weeks to the practise questions and the mock exams… thts the best i can do at this stage…

I am scoring really bad in Schweser’s Volume 2 practice test book… What should be done… Only 18 days to go … please help…

I started with the first Schweser Practise exam Volume 1 last weekend and didn’t do very well. Scores for each section (FRA, Equities, Corp Fin, Ethics, Fixed Income, Alt Investments, etc) is ranging between 55% and 67%. The sample exam is far more conceptual that i thought it would be. Firstly, in my opinion anyone that doesn’t get the concepts right, will struggle with such an exam. So getting a grasp on the concepts is a must. Secondly, i realised that not being able to recall most formulas from memory could be devastating. Quite a few questions required a direct formula application (that i obviously couldn’t remember) and i realised knowing the formulas could also assist in solving conceptual questions, especially FRA (i.e. how will an XYZ event affect the asset turnover). The good thing about multiple choice questions is you can make a calculated guess. Thirdly, i have already solved 2000 QBank questions and i was in for a surprise when i solved the first Schweser sample paper. The Qbank questions do not even come close in testing your concepts as compared to the Schweser sample papers. In short do all you can to understand the concepts and write the formulas, to score easy marks… Hope this helps…

khyati: No one scores on Schweser Mock Vol 2. Don’t bother with them. Exams on the question are very conceptual. Completely different from Vol 2 of Schwerser practice.

Thank you beatthecfa for the response…