Lowest score

Just did a quick analysis on that 1st passing score, and although of course an estimate, it looks like he/she got around a 65% overall. Therefore I would say <62% DEF FAIL; 62-63% is PROBABLY FAIL; 64%-66% BORDERLINE, 67%-68% PROBABLY PASS, 69%+ DEFINATELY PASS Good Luck!

Does size matter? LoL…when scoring under 50% in 2 sections. For example scoring under 50% in FSA and Quan compared to AI & Portfolio?

mystically Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does size matter? LoL…when scoring under 50% in > 2 sections. of course that size matters in this case. It’s one thing bombing a small section like PM or derivatives, and completely different if you fail FSA for example. Remember, it’s the overall score that counts, not how you did on each individual section.

size of section definetley matters: In june I had 4 areas over 70 and the rest between 50-70 and still failed

apcarlso, explain yourself. What do you mean someone passed with answering 8% of the questions right? Joking right?

ChrisV Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > apcarlso, explain yourself. What do you mean > someone passed with answering 8% of the questions > right? Joking right? yes, joking.

i should stop reading the posts on this forum. it’s making me even more anxious about my score and feeling really doubtful about passing now. the morning session, i felt i could have done better. the afternoon session seemed like it was much easier. felt alright, 50/50 about pasing when i left. now that i read some of these posts, i am starting to doubt myself. more like 70 fail/30 pass. i know someone who scored above 70 on only 3 sections, 2 of which are the more heavily weighted ones. everything else was below…and still passed. keep the hope alive!!!

TheDubs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > size of section definetley matters: > In june I had 4 areas over 70 and the rest between > 50-70 and still failed that makes me really nervous.

Seriously nervous… Unless every section was 51% which doesn’t seem likely with the sections >70%. Seems unjust; were you hitting on your procter?! I hope you killed it this time!!

lola Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheDubs Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > size of section definetley matters: > > In june I had 4 areas over 70 and the rest > between > > 50-70 and still failed > > that makes me really nervous. it shouldn’t, the areas over 70 were are small (ethics, deriv, alt, pm)…the one between 50-70 were big and were probably much lcoser to 50 thatn 70…

at this point I can only think of the questions where I could/would have gone wrong… and not the ones I could have gotten right!!! Pathetic!!

Guys, This is what I am thinking its coming down to: Above 70% in FSA and Ethics seems to give a very good shot at passing the exam alongwith maybe a couple of < 50% and the rest in either 50-70 or >70 range. That makes a passing score. Ethics and FSA seem of paramount importance. If you think you screwed up in either, I think a > 70 seems the way to go for the rest of the sections to give yourself a chance. This is just my guess from looking at some of the scores. What do you guys think?

disagree, lok at this Alternative Assets 12 - * - Derivatives 12 - * - Economics 24 - * - Equity Analysis 24 - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * - Fixed Income Analysis 24 - * - General Portfolio Management 12 - - * Quantitative Analysis 28 * - - this person managed to pass L1 in June 07

Well, I was talking more about a lower bound. I don’t think one can find too many people who have scored less than 50% in either Ethics or FSA and have passed. And even if they have scored between 50 and 70 in both/either Ethics or quant, they have managed to stay afloat (50-70 or greater than 70) in most of the other sections. I would say a first look at FSA and Ethics tells the story for most scores.

I meant ethics or FSA.

indeed, i havent seen someone that has scored less than 50% in either/FSA and made it to L2. i think that even scoring >70 on the others wouldnt be enough, which worries me because i think I bombed FSA (am between less than 50% and 50%-70%).

ugh…this thread has made me feel really bad about it. fuck.

I think Ethics and FSA were the only things I did decent in (touch wood) Lets wait and see

lola Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mystically Wrote: > > Does size matter? LoL…when scoring under 50% in > > 2 sections. I think sometimes people say that the size of the section doesn’t matter - but iit’s usually the poeple with the smaller sections :wink:

meh. i can’t believe we still have about a month to go…