Loyalty to Employer

Tokyo will be on Sunday while some other parts of the earth will be on Saturday.

I think C is correct. As long as she notifies her employer she will be engaging in outside investment activities.

the answer per Schweser is B, fyi.

Sondin, I am with you!!! I have seen the same question on other practice book. The answer was D. That is actually how it caught my attention.I was surprsied that you will have to get consent from the prospective client as well. I went back to the CFA code, it states clearly, when it comes to taking independent project, you will have to get written consent from both employer and prospective clients regardless of the situation ( if it is a competition or if it is going to take extra time or gives additional compesnsation…etc, does not matter). !! I firmly believe it is D.

single, no doubt that you need to obtain written consent from the employer, the question though is WHEN. As cpk pointed out, at this stage Parsons is only THINKING about launching a private practice. I presume you need more definitive plans before you go about notifying your employer.