Macron, the height of leftist anti-intellectualism?

Cool, let’s cease trading :bulb:. WTF are you on about? People have been fighting and killing each other as long as there was somebody around to fight and kill.

Duh.

1. Hence the point. Morons saying “when has nationalism not resulted in war” and my response "when has globalism not resulted in war. Anything on a national stage at some point will result in war. The idea that globalism prevents war is a red herring. It only creates alliances and alliances have a spotty track record (Archduke Ferdinand).

2. Saying the response to the latter is to cease trading =/= globalism, shows you don’t understand globalism. It also fails to recognize that things exist on a spectrum beyond binary librul labels. You can have nationalism without a war. You can have globalism without it causing a war. Alternately its as dumb as suggesting that if nationalism results in war the only viable alternative is to put virtually every nation ahead of your own. It’s cool, I realize that was a lot for you. :bulb:

Blah, blah, blah. :confused:

Game, set, match. :confused:

BS is really into calling things red herrings…twice in one thread :grin:

is there an s-1 on this.

1. First off: You’re definitions of nationalism are incomplete and lack depth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalism

2. The issue is that trump is claiming he’s a nationalist while simultaneously denouncing everyone that isn’t white – which suggests he’s actually an ethnocentric.

3. Your examples of conflict are colonialism - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonialism

Which again, sees non-majority people as inferior – kind of the whole point of the criticism of Trump

Nothing you said really overturned my point beyond just providing random links.

1. My definitions came from Merriam-Webster so take it up with the authoritative dictionary.

2. That wasn’t the issue, that’s the issue as you’ve recast it. It’s also not remotely accurate. Your point was both factually incorrect, incomplete and lacked depth.

3. Globalism / Neocolonialism / Post-colonialism all share the same roots. It’s just the next iteration of the same failure.

I tend to think that globalism is in most countries’ best interests, but until France becomes more open than the US to free trade and contributes a higher percentage of its GDP than the US to shared initiatives like NATO, it will be hard for Macron to make a globalist argument without sounding at least a bit hypocritical. Why doesn’t France offer to open its capital and labor markets to the world? Then Macron can truly claim that the French live with globalist values.