Mass Tourism

How does Carnival cruiselines stop in Missouri or TN? lol I’m in Charleston.

Image result for charleston sc

Image result for charleston sc

I thought you were in NYC ACE?

I moved from NYC back/down to Charleston. I’m in NYC a couple of times a year for various reasons. Its usually a real cheap direct flight from Charleston.

ahh south carolina. the southern charm

Absolutely they are buying an experience but you have to realize that a vacation out west is a long trip for them and not a frequent event. Could be years until they are out that way again. That said it does get a bit ridiculous, wouldn’t be as bad if they weren’t in such massive groups all the time.

Having traveled a fair bit it seems Brits aren’t so good at queuing as I’ve been led to believe and the tendancy to just walk whichever direction on the sidewalk is pretty annoying. In Canada you generally stay on the right side of the side walk just like how we drive. Apparently this is not a thing in the UK?

Spatial awareness just boils down to relative levels of population density; the higher density area you come from the less you care about personal space. I had an Indian national with his elbows in my ribs on a flight last month. I elbowed him off and he looked like I was the one in the wrong. God I love Canada, like Scandinavia without pickled herrings.

Indians and Chinese just do not give a shit about personal space the way white people do but it has nothing to do with population density. That’s just the way it is. I mean the Netherlands is denser than India. UK, Italy, Germany, Korea etc are all denser than China.

just dont do it in public. its a felony if you get caught. #notworthit. First time offenders get that knocked off and sealed though. lol

so true. when i was in pompei doing the tour a chinese dude kept following our tour group and basically trying to get a free tour.

the tour guide yelled at him a few times to back off but he still didnt. then after the 3rd time the tour guide came up to the dude and told him to meet him outside for an ass beating lol

his tips after the tour were ridiculous, folks were throwing 20s haha

imagine the dude was a plant. wouldn’t put it past an italian guy tbh. genius

yeea my freinds and i thought about it. the guide def had mob connnections

he also was wearing white pants and a blue blazer, and had a thing mustache lol

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/italy/is-gaetano-manfredi-worth-the-extra-cost-and-full-day-tour

Image result for gaetano manfredi pompei

Holy crap how do you wear a blazer in Pompeii? I don’t think I’ve ever been hotter in my life than the 30 minutes I spent in that place during a summer.

Interesting point about Brits and queuing as I’ve witnessed the same outside of the UK. It’s such a deep seated cultural thing and we just can’t handle any ambiguity in queues at all so as soon as the rules start to be breached then things disintegrate pretty quickly, particularly if there’s a language barrier and the offending individuals can’t be politely informed of their indiscretion.

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard about sidewalk rule. It makes perfect sense but people don’t abide by it in the UK although god help you if you ever stand on the left side of an escalator on the tube.

I get the population density thing and why people don’t mind physical contact but I’m not sure it’s related to a lack of awareness of your surroundings. It’s about the flow of people. Brits are conscious of it and won’t stop suddenly or stand in a place where they block the flow and if they do they’d realise quite quickly.