May 2021 Level 3 Exam Results

Congratulations, ALBAREGINA!

Congratulations, S2!

1 Like

Congratulations, Nygogigogi!

1 Like

Thank you. Thanks for all your help!

My pleasure.

Finally!! Has been a long road for me. Completed Level 1 and 2 in 2008 and 2009. Gave level 3 in 2010 - failed - was a bad attempt from my side. Paid fees in 2015 but did not get time to prepare, so did not show up for the exam. Finally got the strength to give exam this year and was able to study nights after work - thanks to work from home. Only used Kaplan Schweser notes - read them 4-5 times, made hand written notes - and revised multiple times. Also completed Schweser practice questions. Thankful this is over , else I would NOT had the courage or strength to give the exam again. It has been too taxing with work and other family commitments :slight_smile: Best of luck to all.

3 Likes

Apparently 42% is the lowest L3 pass rate on record? These new CBT exams are still working out some kinks maybe. Anyway good luck to everyone taking the November L3 exams, you got this :+1:

Well …. Per the estimate of 300 Hours the May 21 exam also had the lowest MPS at 54/55%.

Pass. But the email from CFA stated that there won’t be a detailed report showing performance for each section. Is that the first time CFA implements this policy?

2 Likes

Congratulations, Amandeep!

Congratulations, zhshzh44!

1 Like

Thanks, Rom. :wink:

1 Like

Made it!
Congratulations to everybody!

1 Like

Shoutout to S2000’s amazing mocks

1 Like

Congratulations, RWWD!

1 Like

I appreciate it.

I’m working on my first afternoon session mock exam.

Didn’t pass unfortunately. This was my third attempt. Appearing again in Nov and wondering if I am making a mistake taking it in 3 months time. Any advice from L3 retakers here?

Also, kind of confused on which prep provider to use? Have heard a lot about Mark Meldrum and Bill Campbell?

I did the CFAI course throughly but didn’t manage to do many mocks. That is where my weakness lies

My heartiest congratulations to everyone who passed :blush:

1 Like

I also quickly signed in to November window, after not passing. I’m pretty sure, I failed because I neglected Ethics and GIPS, which weighted 10-15% and I scored around 25-30% on it.

1 Like

Yeah we did :call_me_hand:

I failed as well after taking the exam a third time. Unfortunately going forward they offer no transparency into where you went right or wrong which is disappointing. Is it possible your essay grader was having a bad day? Who knows? I scored 70+ on ethics on previous exam, use it daily in my current role but on the May exam it looks like I got roughly 58%? Scratching my head. I have decided to hang it up. I have learned all I need to know to move forward and be successful at trading securities. If you are expecting the CFA to blaze a path to employment it is a nice to have but not a must have. Wish everyone that failed best of luck going forward.

1 Like