MBA or CFA decision

Im at NYU for the MBA. Currently working as a credit analyst. Just my two cents, if you do the BA, youre in the same boat as everyone else who has a BA and is trying to break into finance, but if you do the MBA/CFA route then its a pretty big point of differentiation, after 2-3 years of obsessively studying.

you’re doing full time at nyu?

No, Part time. Can’t work if you’re full time, and I need to pay rent haha.

I am in NYC as well…I am preapring for GMAT but really not feeling the PT NYU program. Not disrespecting you in any way. I want an MBA. It is just that if i am gonna get it even though PT, I would like it from U of Chicago or Northwestern. In NYC we basically only have PT NYU program. Forget baruch or fordham etc.

how much is part time at NYU?

wht about columbia, surprised not many decents schools in nyc for mba

columbia does not have PT. only FT and EMBA

I’m generally against PT MBA’s…but if I had to choose, I would take NYU over Northwestern any day. Northwestern = Marketing.

oh is that right? bummer

Ramos - where did you get your FT at? Did you learn, meet lot of great people, great convos, good carrer move?

Sarcasm?

no sarcasm.

I don’t do sarcasm

real question Ramos…I am not a big fan of PT but it is the best choice for me. I have a job but also want a chance to learn, meet new people, pick up few things along the way from students, professors etc.

how much is NYU part time?

network any decent?

I haven’t done MBA yet…where did you get the idea that I had?

when you said you are “generally against PT MBAs.” Thought you went to FT MBA and saw some differences between FT and PT curriculum, class structure, lecture levels etc first hand.

I want an MBA mainly for the questions I asked above…Enhance and further my network not just for my career but to make new friends. Meet new people coming from differenct industries and have great convos and pick up few things here and there. Also to take new classes as electives and stimulate my brain. I am very interested in math classes if I have the option to take them.

Nah…I’m applying this year though, finally got the score I wanted on the GMAT in October.

good for you man. I am going for 740. if i get it i might go for FT? where you applying to?

HBS, Stanford, Sloan, UPenn, Booth, Columbia, NYU

that is awesome. what did you get on your gmat? how much study time for you?

760…3 months.

Any particular reason why the no go on Fordham?