memorize or understand?

and what about numerous errata ? :slight_smile:

yea…obviously the errata is a pain in the a$*. For me, I just never purchased Schweser, so its not an option. If i had it laying around like most people do, I would probably find it easier and go with that- but, the readings although relativley more confusing…are do-able. Plus- I’ve noticed a bunch of times…sentences that vaguely relate to an LOS…I say to myself…this is a perfect Question for CFA…not specific enough to be included in the Schweser Direct LOS response…but its in here in the book. There defintely are pro’s in sticking with the texts.

cfacfacfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For me this is only about a 1 thing…passing. > I’ve read all CFAI texts and done all CFAI > problems for L1, L2, and now for L3…I don’t > even know what a schweser book looks like. I read > the material, highlight & section off LOSs and go > from there. I’ve never seen an unfair > question…tricky? of course. But, everything is > right there in the books. you obviously never taken the ethics portion of any of the exams.

haha…i knew i was setting myself up for that.

Honestly, is it possible to memorize all this stuff???

Not a chance to memorize all of it… some of it yes… understand the big picture… how to tie it together… know maybe 60% of some list that you have to memorize (they’ll ask 'provide one-two answer(s) to justify your response… NOT 10… I swear - I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours on this Level III - (bull$hit that it takes a minimum of 250 hours… I passed that LONG ago!) if I don’t pass this I’m going to go postal…

Guys, completely agree. combination of memorise and understand. Not done the tests yet. But based on Schweser, it looks lot like theory and less calc.

when you can’t understand memorize.